Contribute
Register

Battery indicator patch (open core 0.6.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 14.41.44.png

solved !

well done, what was the issue?
more luck and less knowledge, for now:) ... I had a freezing problem when I turn off the ac. Wrong ACPI renaming for G6 so I fixed it. My next challenge is to WIFI and Bluetooth only with kexts in OC / Kexts without touching in / L / E or / S / L / E. On High Sierra (OC) it works but on Mojave it doesn't. It is clear to me that Mojave does not support AR9285 and that it is best to use HS original kexts but it does not work. Sorry about my English

more luck and less knowledge, for now:) ... I had a freezing problem when I turn off the ac. Wrong ACPI renaming for G6 so I fixed it. My next challenge is to WIFI and Bluetooth only with kexts in OC / Kexts without touching in / L / E or / S / L / E. On High Sierra (OC) it works but on Mojave it doesn't. It is clear to me that Mojave does not support AR9285 and that it is best to use HS original kexts but it does not work. Sorry about my English
yes, hardware limitations can be annoying, either change out the hardware or use an earlier version of macOS

yes, hardware limitations can be annoying, either change out the hardware or use an earlier version of macOS
I have to admit it works better for me (subjectively) mojave than high sierra (installed on ssd, rehabman clover). works everything, power managment and wifi and bluetooth, camera, sleep, wake, brightnes etc, only my battery indicator was a problem. However out of respect for the rehabman I will keep the HS clover as well. A big problem with OC is security updates. You cannot boot until you turn off the "SecureModel" quirk. I had to do that on both HS (OC) and Mojave (OC). Valery (OC team) replied to me that there is another way but it seems obscure to me.

I have to admit it works better for me (subjectively) mojave than high sierra (installed on ssd, rehabman clover). works everything, power managment and wifi and bluetooth, camera, sleep, wake, brightnes etc, only my battery indicator was a problem. However out of respect for the rehabman I will keep the HS clover as well. A big problem with OC is security updates. You cannot boot until you turn off the "SecureModel" quirk. I had to do that on both HS (OC) and Mojave (OC). Valery (OC team) replied to me that there is another way but it seems obscure to me.
i moved to OpenCore ages ago, I won't be going back to Clover.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back