Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6770M [DDR5 2GB]
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I noticed today my battery won't charge over 50%. So I unplugged the power source and my notebook shut down in 1 sec. So I tried to boot again, but pressing the power key won't do anything if the power cable is not plugged in. The battery is inserted correctly. On Windows it says "Battery is being charged 50%" and won't change, same on Yosemite.

I have only ACPIBatteryManager.kext in Extensions, I deleted the AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext a week ago, because the battery status was not working. But I got it working by applying the patch [bat] DV6t 6b00 from your repo RehabMan. My notebook is HP DV6 6b55eg. I don't know if there is a difference between DV6 and DV6t.

Could it really be destroyed? :(:cry:
The battery is new (bought it 1 year ago).

Yesterday was everything working without a power cable. I installed gcc with brew, and it really took about 30min and the Intel Power Gadget said my CPU is over 90° hot and suddenly my notebook shut down, I thought it is because of the heat and I plugged the power cable in and everything was fine. And I think the battery was below 50%, so maybe it charged a little bit today. :(

If if buy a new one, can my DSDT or anything else on the hackintosh also destroy the new battery?

I noticed today my battery won't charge over 50%. So I unplugged the power source and my notebook shut down in 1 sec. So I tried to boot again, but pressing the power key won't do anything if the power cable is not plugged in. The battery is inserted correctly. On Windows it says "Battery is being charged 50%" and won't change, same on Yosemite.

I have only ACPIBatteryManager.kext in Extensions, I deleted the AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext a week ago, because the battery status was not working. But I got it working by applying the patch [bat] DV6t 6b00 from your repo RehabMan. My notebook is HP DV6 6b55eg. I don't know if there is a difference between DV6 and DV6t.

Could it really be destroyed? :(:cry:
The battery is new (bought it 1 year ago).

Yesterday was everything working without a power cable. I installed gcc with brew, and it really took about 30min and the Intel Power Gadget said my CPU is over 90° hot and suddenly my notebook shut down, I thought it is because of the heat and I plugged the power cable in and everything was fine. And I think the battery was below 50%, so maybe it charged a little bit today. :(

If if buy a new one, can my DSDT or anything else on the hackintosh also destroy the new battery?

Hackintosh will not destroy your battery. Although it will make it work harder if you don't have power management implemented correctly.

Try EC reset.

Implement power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Thank you RehabMan.

Unfortunately the EC reset did not work, but luckily I still have guarantee.

Another question. Do I need a AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext? What does it make better? Right now I have not this kext in my extensions.

Thank you RehabMan.

Unfortunately the EC reset did not work, but luckily I still have guarantee.

Another question. Do I need a AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext? What does it make better? Right now I have not this kext in my extensions.

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext is the native Apple kext. It does nothing on hacks as it doesn't load.

Ah, okay.

One last question, why did you modify the ACPIBatteryManager.kext, when we just need to apply a patch to the dsdt in order to make the battery status work.
Will my battery last longer if I use your kext?

Ah, okay.

One last question, why did you modify the ACPIBatteryManager.kext, when we just need to apply a patch to the dsdt in order to make the battery status work.
Will my battery last longer if I use your kext?

Your statement is incorrect. Both DSDT patches and ACPIBatteryManager.kext are required.

I've same problem as yugox.
I've an HP OMEN series (15 inches).
Every time that I boot on OSX and than back to Windows I need to unplug and re-plug battery flex cable.
It's bad because this PC has no removable battery and I need to open all the chassis every time.
Are there some news about?

Every time that I boot on OSX and than back to Windows I need to unplug and re-plug battery flex cable.
It's bad because this PC has no removable battery and I need to open all the chassis every time.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi Kava93, did you manage to get the battery working correctly? My battery was messed up in windows since trying to get working in macos but re flashing bios corrects the issue.

Hi Kava93, did you manage to get the battery working correctly? My battery was messed up in windows since trying to get working in macos but re flashing bios corrects the issue.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back