Motherboard
ProBook 4340s B6L98EA
CPU
i5 2450m
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, after successfull 10.10.3 installation i saw, that the battery percents and capacity are strange. I've drain my battery and than charge it in power-off state but when i starting up i see that capacity of my battery is wrong. If i rebooted, i can see another capacity and another percents in battery. So the behaviour of this numbers is abnormal.
Can somebody please verify my Troubleshooting files and verify it? Before my laptop was on Win 8.1 and battery was ok.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 20.59.27.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 20.59.27.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 100
  • RehabMan.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 21.30.19.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 21.30.19.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 93
Hello, after successfull 10.10.3 installation i saw, that the battery percents and capacity are strange. I've drain my battery and than charge it in power-off state but when i starting up i see that capacity of my battery is wrong. If i rebooted, i can see another capacity and another percents in battery. So the behaviour of this numbers is abnormal.
Can somebody please verify my Troubleshooting files and verify it? Before my laptop was on Win 8.1 and battery was ok.

Thanks in advance!

The ioreg you provide shows a reasonable (current < max, current < design) status (0x5b8 of 0x65c).

Do EC reset.

Note: The battery on my 4540s has a design capacity of 0xff9.

The ioreg you provide shows a reasonable (current < max, current < design) status (0x5b8 of 0x65c).

Do EC reset.

Note: The battery on my 4540s has a design capacity of 0xff9.

Thank you for your advice. I did EC reset and everything seems ok after that. But when i shut down pc and then on the next day i powered-it on i saw that the percents didn't change since the last power-off. After a while, working on PC a saw that percent substracted normally, but in one moment 10 or 15 % subtracted in a one moment. Then percentage decreased slowly. It's also a strange behaviour and i will investigate it after next full charge.

P.s.
After around 1 hour percentage grow from 27 to 35. Strange.

Last edited:
Designed capacity changed every time when i power-on PC after shutdown.
As for now 0xa40. Now Coconut Battery shows 2624 mAh. Yesterday is was 4065.
Can somebody please explain how to verify the root cause of this behaviour? Maybe it's a hardware battery issue?

Thank you!

i've got interesting information from Windows 7 battery check utility from HP. The pictures attached to my post shows that the battery loose some mAh's and fully charged capacity is less than designed capacity. One time, when it was on AC power the fully charged capacity seems ok, but on other picture, when there is no AC plugged on, the fully charged capacity shows strange number. But anyway windows 7 shows the percentage correctly in both cases, only fully charged capacity seems broken. Maybe win7 take numbers from different variables. By the way, battery check said that battery is ok. But why is so strange with remaining and fully charge capacity in the second picture. And other thing is that cell's capacity shows in both pictures seems ok for the percentage of whole battery.

Attachments

• battery_status_19042015.PNG
    battery_status_19042015.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 78
  • battery_status_20042015.PNG
    battery_status_20042015.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 79
i've got interesting information from Windows 7 battery check utility from HP. The pictures attached to my post shows that the battery loose some mAh's and fully charged capacity is less than designed capacity. One time, when it was on AC power the fully charged capacity seems ok, but on other picture, when there is no AC plugged on, the fully charged capacity shows strange number. But anyway windows 7 shows the percentage correctly in both cases, only fully charged capacity seems broken. Maybe win7 take numbers from different variables. By the way, battery check said that battery is ok. But why is so strange with remaining and fully charge capacity in the second picture. And other thing is that cell's capacity shows in both pictures seems ok for the percentage of whole battery.

Weird that your full charge capacity is inconsistent. Try a different battery and report results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back