i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys, I have a near perfect Catalina 10.15.6 set-up but I want to try out Big Sur. I'm using OC 0.6.1 and the latest kexts. I'm having a weird issue that both my battery status and the audio are not working. I have both of these running perfectly under Catalina but not under Big Sur. Can anyone join out the root cause.
For battery, I know I need to have a patched DSDT for battery status but my 'embedded control' does not contain values larger than 8-bit, coupled with the fact that it is working under Catalina means I'm missing some other thing?
As for the Audio, I have AppleALC and using alcid=11 (again same as Catalina) but still no audio.

Can anyone pleas identify the issue? Thanks!!

Solution:
I replaced SMCBatteryManager.kext with ACPIBatteryManager. For me, it also fixed the audio.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.9 MB · Views: 642
Last edited:
Hi Guys, I have a near perfect Catalina 10.15.6 set-up but I want to try out Big Sur. I'm using OC 0.6.1 and the latest kexts. I'm having a weird issue that both my battery status and the audio are not working. I have both of these running perfectly under Catalina but not under Big Sur. Can anyone join out the root cause.
For battery, I know I need to have a patched DSDT for battery status but my 'embedded control' does not contain values larger than 8-bit, coupled with the fact that it is working under Catalina means I'm missing some other thing?
As for the Audio, I have AppleALC and using alcid=11 (again same as Catalina) but still no audio.

maybe add your audio as per:

hackintool can copy the required information in your config.plist

maybe add your audio as per:

hackintool can copy the required information in your config.plist
Thanks. I'll work on the Audio after figuring out the battery issue. Can you help with the battery issue please? Because of it my touchpad is also not working

Thanks. I'll work on the Audio after figuring out the battery issue. Can you help with the battery issue please? Because of it my touchpad is also not working
not sure about the battery, maybe you can search around to see if there is a hotpatch available for your system which includes the necessary renames in config.plist?

or read over this:

or:

Try to update your kexts with attached below

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 459
Try to update your kexts with attached below
what about the battery patching?

SMCBatteryManager.kext and VirtualSMC.kext works fine on my laptop with no patching required for battery to work

a lot of other laptops require hotpatching for OpenCore

what about the battery patching?

SMCBatteryManager.kext and VirtualSMC.kext works fine on my laptop with no patching required for battery to work

a lot of other laptops require hotpatching for OpenCore

I personally prefer RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager for battery meters thats way I used this ref to patched my Origin DSDT : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-430-g6-whiskey-lake.282302/post-2147595
and my battery status works well. but when I tried SMCBatteryManager.kext and tried removed ACPIBatteryManager my battery status still works but with glitch remaining battery meters.

On his cases, he said battery status running perfectly on Catalina, that I assumed its not uses battery patching.

I personally prefer RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager for battery meters thats way I used this ref to patched my Origin DSDT : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-430-g6-whiskey-lake.282302/post-2147595
and my battery status works well. but when I tried SMCBatteryManager.kext and tried removed ACPIBatteryManager my battery status still works but with glitch remaining battery meters.

On his cases, he said battery status running perfectly on Catalina, that I assumed its not uses battery patching.
yes, but with OpenCore, using a DSDT is wrong

yes, but with OpenCore, using a DSDT is wrong

Really, what effect sir? B'cause I'm currently using DSDT with OpenCore on Big Sur Beta 4 and everything works fine on it.
In my understanding,
DSDT (Differentiated System Description Table) is a part of the ACPI specification. It supplies information about supported power events in a given system. and
SSDT (Secondary System Descriptor Table) It acts as a supplement to the DSDT.

Is that true?

Is that true?

What they are is irrelevant. Using your DSDT with OpenCore is wrong.

Installation Guide said:
Note that you should not add your generated DSDT.aml here, it is already in your firmware. So if present, remove the entry for it in your config.plist and under EFI/OC/ACPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back