Contribute
Register

Basic help for NUC and correct clover versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC 8i5BEK
CPU
i5-8559U
Graphics
Intel Iris 655
I'm basically stuck at the beginning with clover. I have used the Mojave installer and Unibeast 9.3.0 from the downloads area here to create my install USB stick. I have set all my bios options as recommended, yet when I try and boot, I get a version mismatch error (see image attached). What do I do from here? When I boot, Clover states it is version 5100.

What do I try now? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
I'm basically stuck at the beginning with clover. I have used the Mojave installer and Unibeast 9.3.0 from the downloads area here to create my install USB stick. I have set all my bios options as recommended, yet when I try and boot, I get a version mismatch error (see image attached). What do I do from here? When I boot, Clover states it is version 5100.

What do I try now? Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

The error is telling you that the system definition being used, i.e. the machine type, is not compatible with the macOS version.

This seems odd as your installer should specify iMac14,2.

Is this the NUC in your profile?

Yes it is, I created the usb stick on my imac. Does unibeast work on all versions of Mojave? .0 - .6 ?

Yes it is, I created the usb stick on my imac. Does unibeast work on all versions of Mojave? .0 - .6 ?

As I said, that is not the iMac14,2 of UniBeast. It looks like you have set MacMini8,1 2018.

I understand there is old guidance on here that recommends the MacMini system-definition for a NUC 8, but the version of macOS you are installing in the photo above, is telling you it is not compatible. Maybe the later McMini's were Catalina only?

The reason iMac14,2 is the default, is because it is one of the most widely compatible system-definitions. Not great for all, that's true, but running is better than not running. Once you are installed you can experiment with others. :thumbup:

Anyone have the unibeast installation process stuck on a PCI configuration step? (see attached) If so, ideas on how to correct to advance installation?

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
Anyone have the unibeast installation process stuck on a PCI configuration step? (see attached) If so, ideas on how to correct to advance installation?

The place where your verbose screen ends is not the problem. That occurs earlier on.

To correct this please recreate your own installation UniBeast USB installer drive to get around these problems. Do not overwrite the EFI folder using someone else's. The cause of your problem is:

... I was following a post here...#428 on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-to-mojave-10-14-6-on-post-2.268502/page-43
where it said to create a usb with unibeast and just replace the EFI folder.

:)

Yes...I realized that from your earlier post (thanks). The second screenshot was from using the default EFI folder that was produced from Unibeast 9.3.0. What line in the listing is causing the system to just freeze at the end of the PCI configuration line?

Yes...I realized that from your earlier post (thanks). The second screenshot was from using the default EFI folder that was produced from Unibeast 9.3.0. What line in the listing is causing the system to just freeze at the end of the PCI configuration line?

Okay :thumbup:

The way these things work is that the last line is often where the boot process stops, but is not necessarily the cause.

I suspect your NUC 8 needs a bit more attention than just a basic install. Take a look, if you haven't already, at expoert @RehabMan 's Guide because he covers both the NUC7 and NUC8 in there. I understand you have an i5 instead of an i7. Worth reading if for no other purpose than to give you an impression of how the hardware fits with macOS. It's a popular thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back