Contribute
Register

Bad sound on Headphone (ALC1220 / GA-Z270N Gaming 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270N-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)
CPU
i5 7600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce 2X 8GB
Hi All,

Need your help:
High Sierra
GA-Z270N Gaming 5 MB with ALC1220

Clean install, and followed wonderful guides from toleda
1. The before incl. fix for 200-series audio: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/before-you-install-audio-desktop-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/
2. Installed with the CloverALC command:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764

Everything went fine, found the right ID's, it identified as ALC1220 - and the ALC command installed successfully.

BUT: Audio works fine from "Internal Speaker" = Green audio on back
But the headphone jacks sound is terrible! Pitch goes up and down, and sounds distorted.
It correctly detects when i insert a jack, but again the sound is bad.

Is there any solution to this?

I have attached the log from CloverALC and some graps from IOregistryExplorer

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    158.4 KB · Views: 85
Case, connector, cable, etc. problem

Hi Toleda,

Thank you for the fast response. My best guess is NO as it works flawless in Windows 10. So it must be a software related issue as i change nothing between the two OS's?

Same problem, only the front panel don't work properly.
If I put the volume in a high position the pitch goes up and down.
Im sure that is not a case problem.

All the other audio ports works perfectly.

Same problem here with exactly the same codec (ALC1220). The volume cannot go beyond 2 clicks or the sound starts to go wild.

@toleda Could you be more elaborate on what exactly is "front panel problem"? Many thanks.

elaborate on what exactly is "front panel problem"?
The replies in the post address only the OP
Fact:
Audio works fine from "Internal Speaker" = Green audio on back
Problem:
the headphone jacks sound is terrible!
Reallty:
The codec puts the same signal to the green jack on the motherboard and to the front panel connector on the motherboard. What happens to the signal between the motherboard and the headphones is specific to each user system, i.e., case dependent.

A front panel problem is a case problem.

The replies in the post address only the OP
Fact:

Problem:

Reallty:
The codec puts the same signal to the green jack on the motherboard and to the front panel connector on the motherboard. What happens to the signal between the motherboard and the headphones is specific to each user system, i.e., case dependent.

A front panel problem is a case problem.

Thank you very much :)

@Frachlitz @safinn @ValerioScarcia I finally solved the problem by changing the audio layout-id injected in Clover's config.plist. Open Clover Configurator and try playing with the Audio Inject id. See https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs for reference. It takes a few restarts to find the working configuration.

solved the problem by changing the audio layout-id injected in Clover's config.plist
Thank you for reporting this fix.
My reply did not consider unsupported layout-ids.
This site only supports 1220/layout-ids of 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back