Contribute
Register

Bad inverter or screen on Toshiba p205 s6237? (pics included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus
CPU
i5 sandy bridge
Graphics
amd 6670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
I'm having a display problem on my non-hackintosh machine. I recently replaced an inverter cable on my Toshiba satellite p205 s6237 because when I opened my screen past 80 degrees, the screen went black, so I thought it had to be the inverter cable. However, after replacing the cable when I boot up, I see nothing but many purple and green lines on my screen.

I checked for any loose connections, released the static by removing the battery and holding down the power button for a minute. I have noticed when I moved the cable around the contrast of the lines change. I am almost certain that the LCD was fully functioning before I replaced the inverter cable.

I even tried placing my old cable in, NOW with the OLD cable I see the same lines instead of a black screen, its just more dimmer.

could it be that I ordered a bad inverter cable, as I did order it from Ebay?

What do you think the problem may be?

here's a picture of my problem
http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/user/simontv17/media/IMG_2830_zpse0eb4bb0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

That really sucks! I would try a different cable, so you know for sure if that is the problem. But I wouldn't hold your breath. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back