Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just did a fresh new install of OS X Yosemite today, but I seem to be having a problem with the audio. I have tried two things to get it to work, but nothing has done the job completely. So far I have:

a: Installed a Voodoo audio driver. I got it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ltbag4kvft2jg1/2746-VoodooHDA-v2.8.4+Lion.zip This audio driver did not work for me. It actually gave me some audio, but it is very quiet and not everything works/sounds right (strange static noise, no being able to hear everything). Unfortunately, I don't know how to uninstall this audio driver. Once this gets uninstalled, I think I will be in a better position. Keep in mind, that this was the first audio driver I installed in my attempts to fix my audio problems, so it is possible that this audio driver made the other methods of fixing the problem not work.

b: Used MultiBeast 6.2.2 to in install ALC898 (my audio driver) without DSDT. This method I THINK would have worked had I not installed the Voodoo audio driver previously. Again, I don't exactly know how to get rid of the Voodoo audio driver, so I am unsure as to weather or not using MultiBeast 6.2.2 would fix my problem.

At this point, my biggest question is how I would get rid of the Voodoo audio driver. If this gets removed, then I could try to use MultiBeast to install ALC898. Until then I am kinda out of business. Any ideas?

Open Terminal:

Type

Code:
sudo -s

then type your password

then type:

Code:
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

then type

Code:
touch /System/Library/Extensions

Then reboot.

I typed in all the code, but what do I do with this terminal window once I am done? Turning off my computer with it open tells me it will terminate the process. By the way, I installed the Lion voodoo from the folder you get when you download it. Just making sure that doesn't make a difference.

EDIT: I ended up terminating the command and I restarted my computer. Success! I have removed Voodoo audio from MAC OS X. No I will try to fix the audio with MultiBeast 6.2.2

I used MultiBeast 6.2.2 because according to some people it did the trick for them. I will take a look at the guide.

EDIT: This is kind of embarrassing to admit, but the guide is too confusing for me. Maybe I am not following it right or looking at the wrong sections. I will try to figure it out some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back