Contribute
Register

Backup Solutions For Your Mac or CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest way to make a full backup is use Carbon Copy Cloner to make a cloned backup drive. Afterwards install Clover using MultiBeast to the cloned drive. Then mount both your system drive's EFI partition and your backup drive's EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3. Then copy your EFI folder from your system drive to backup drive. Then you'll have a full bootable clone.
@tonymacx86 - If I format a drive first using a GUID partition map (thus creating an EFI partition), do I still need to install Clover via Multibeast, or would copying the contents of my boot drive's EFI partition suffice?

Hy everybody, can someone suggest to me a valid complete guide for dummies (step by step) in order to use carbon copy and how the bootloader should be installed for a functionable hackintosh clone?. Thank you.

The easiest way to make a full backup is using Carbon Copy Cloner to make a cloned backup drive. Afterwards, install Clover using MultiBeast to the cloned drive. Then mount both your system drive's EFI partition and your backup drive's EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3. Then copy your EFI folder from your system drive to backup drive. Then you'll have a full bootable clone.

SORRY FOR THE NEWBY QUESTION
BUT ON MY SSD EVO
I have created 3 partitions
"SYS" 150GB - "SYS CCC" 100GB (for clone "SYS") - "WORK" (for work daily with Lightroom, is fast then others disk)

I have clone disk "SYS" to "SYS ccc" with CCC
but not sure about creating another EFI partition o same disk, and if is possible.

I NEED TO CREATE ON OTHER PHYSICAL DRIVE? IF YES
CAN BE ON A 3.5" DISK

I THINK THIS MUST BE A GREAT TOPIC FOR A GUIDE
"how to make a full bootable clone of your system"
Thanks

Screenshot 2018-01-10 12.52.28.jpg

Last edited:
Hy everybody, can someone suggest to me a valid complete guide for dummies (step by step) in order to use carbon copy and how the bootloader should be installed for a functionable hackintosh clone?. Thank you.

Download Clover, Install for UEFI booting on a spare, empty drive, then, follow the guide in Post #63.

Last edited:
Article: Backup Solutions For Your Mac or CustoMac

O.K., I was able to successfully make a bootable clone of my SanDisk SSD boot drive onto a Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD using CCC and then Multibeast to install the Chimera bootloader.
Here are some pictures of the steps incase they are helpful to somebody:

The cloned disk will not boot up by simply going to System Preferences<Startup Disk and selecting it as the startup disk.
I must press F12 when the Gigabyte window appears on startup and then select the cloned disk from the blue menu.
I disconnected the SSD drive to verify that the hackintosh was booting only from the cloned disk.

:thumbup:

Is this the only sure way to know the cloned SSD drive is booting up? Every time a clone is made you have to go through that process of installing the Multibeast Clover(Chimera) bootloader? Or will it stay installed on the drive?

Trying the following with Disk Utility as part of my new backup plan but I have question about it.

I booted from the Unibeast USB stick to the installer.

Then with Disk Utility I created an .dmg image from the whole SSD to another drive.

Now I wonder, does this .dmg file contain the boot sectors and Clover?

Trying the following with Disk Utility as part of my new backup plan but I have question about it.

I booted from the Unibeast USB stick to the installer.

Then with Disk Utility I created an .dmg image from the whole SSD to another drive.

Now I wonder, does this .dmg file contain the boot sectors and Clover?
Probably but there's more that can go wrong than when cloning to a physical disk or using one of the rsync-based solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back