Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a question and have been searching and reading all of the backup type posts but didn't find an exact answer so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I now have a 100% perfect Mac OSX system running and what I want to do is create a backup of my system (in case my hard drive ever fails) so that if something does happen, I can just pop the backup hard drive in and it will just boot right up into Mac with everything working as it does now, without having to re-install Mac OSX and/or go through the Multibeast setup again etc.

Is this possible? If so, how is this done and with what software?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Love this forum!

I used SuperDuper to do this, but others have used Carbon Copy Cloner. Once you make the backup you must run MultiBeast to install Chameleon onto the drive you used for the backup in order to make that drive bootable. Once the drive is bootable you can backup to it as many times as you want and it will still be bootable (true statement for SuperDuper).

talisman said:
I used SuperDuper to do this, but others have used Carbon Copy Cloner. Once you make the backup you must run MultiBeast to install Chameleon onto the drive you used for the backup in order to make that drive bootable. Once the drive is bootable you can backup to it as many times as you want and it will still be bootable (true statement for SuperDuper).

I've been trying to find a guide on the same thing.. I've just setup my system with a dual boot and would like to clone the entire drive (I've 1st got to get the boot off hd working) both systems I have living on a single 500GB with 3 partitions.. I want to clone the entire thing so if something should happen, I can jus restore my cloned partitions to a new drive and be ready to go...

Is there a way to do that with the boot partition and everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back