CPU
i7 8565U
Graphics
UHD 620 @ 1920*1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello, I finally gave up on the troubleshooting by reading numerous posts aabour Coffee Lake, Sierra Updates, Intel UHD 630, Kaby LAke Spoofing and a lot of patches an kexts to get my system working. So i decided to get expert help.

First of all I want to thank all the community, they made huge steps towards this new platform (Coffee lake, Whiskey Lake... etc.) and now Im facing a problem that no one has mentioned. Probably because my HP is from spain and not much models like it are there in the market for Hackintoshing.... well.. here I go

I have this HP Pavilion 13-an0001ns. It has a i7 8565U processor, and comes with an Intel UHD 620 graphics. I got to install Sierra, and after no luck fixing it, I got to install High Sierra from USB to the internal NVMe with no major problems (I already had an EFI partition of 260MB so i didnt have to do much except to resize the windows partition). So I got the system booting well (no sound, no wifi, no bluetooth), I use internet from USB Tether from my phone.

## HERE TO THE READ THE ACTUAL PROBLEM: ##
Now, what I would love to accomplish (more than having sound working) is get the Graphics acceleration working, wich I think I had but im now facing the title problem. So, whenever I put a non-existing ID as to boot with default graphics drivers, I got no acceleration but backlight is working OK (cant dimm but it stays on), then I put 0x19160000 or 0x191b0000, i get the transparent bars, the brightness slider, the 1536MB at the "About this Mac" dialog, but the LED backlight doesnt behave nice. It just gives a few miliseconds of light then turns off for 5 seconds, on for a blink then off again. No lid closing, no sleep, no log out and no brightness slider changes a thing. I have to read the screen with a flashlight because sometimes I cant go back to the fake ID and use it without acceleration.

So I tried (very vaguely) to work with a lot of kexts and Guides. I really dont know where to start for the DSDT patching so i skipped that since all usb are working, and the only problems are sound, power managment and graphics.
So backlight fix. Didnt work​
WhateverGreen Didnt work the way I tried​
UHD 630 spoofing. Same effect. Acceleration, but no backlight.​

I recently discovered that my panel is conected via eDP, and I hope that that is not the problem, because I read some folks got their eDP screens working. (is there a way to fake LVDS? Or some fake routing with software?)
Could it be a voltage feed issue? Or something that the driver doesn't manage properly. Its strange that no one else hase reported such a behavior like mine. But maybe my combination of hardware isnt very common.

I will try to keep my KeXTs to the minimum in order to solve only the graphics issue first. I hope I did my homework ok.
NOTE: config.plist is not working... i use config-fics.plist with 1916 ID or 1234 ID depending on what i need.

PS. Oh yeah, the backlight is OK on clover, it just when the apple logo starts loading that it turns off.
If you need, I can post a video with the behavior.

For all the time i stole you with this long post. I thank you in advance.
Whatever the outcome is, i will still be reading and learning a lot.

See you!

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I finally gave up on the troubleshooting by reading numerous posts aabour Coffee Lake, Sierra Updates, Intel UHD 630, Kaby LAke Spoofing and a lot of patches an kexts to get my system working. So i decided to get expert help.

First of all I want to thank all the community, they made huge steps towards this new platform (Coffee lake, Whiskey Lake... etc.) and now Im facing a problem that no one has mentioned. Probably because my HP is from spain and not much models like it are there in the market for Hackintoshing.... well.. here I go

I have this HP Pavilion 13-an0001ns. It has a i7 8565U processor, and comes with an Intel UHD 620 graphics. I got to install Sierra, and after no luck fixing it, I got to install High Sierra from USB to the internal NVMe with no major problems (I already had an EFI partition of 260MB so i didnt have to do much except to resize the windows partition). So I got the system booting well (no sound, no wifi, no bluetooth), I use internet from USB Tether from my phone.

## HERE TO THE READ THE ACTUAL PROBLEM: ##
Now, what I would love to accomplish (more than having sound working) is get the Graphics acceleration working, wich I think I had but im now facing the title problem. So, whenever I put a non-existing ID as to boot with default graphics drivers, I got no acceleration but backlight is working OK (cant dimm but it stays on), then I put 0x19160000 or 0x191b0000, i get the transparent bars, the brightness slider, the 1536MB at the "About this Mac" dialog, but the LED backlight doesnt behave nice. It just gives a few miliseconds of light then turns off for 5 seconds, on for a blink then off again. No lid closing, no sleep, no log out and no brightness slider changes a thing. I have to read the screen with a flashlight because sometimes I cant go back to the fake ID and use it without acceleration.

So I tried (very vaguely) to work with a lot of kexts and Guides. I really dont know where to start for the DSDT patching so i skipped that since all usb are working, and the only problems are sound, power managment and graphics.
So backlight fix. Didnt work​
WhateverGreen Didnt work the way I tried​
UHD 630 spoofing. Same effect. Acceleration, but no backlight.​

I recently discovered that my panel is conected via eDP, and I hope that that is not the problem, because I read some folks got their eDP screens working. (is there a way to fake LVDS? Or some fake routing with software?)
Could it be a voltage feed issue? Or something that the driver doesn't manage properly. Its strange that no one else hase reported such a behavior like mine. But maybe my combination of hardware isnt very common.

I will try to keep my KeXTs to the minimum in order to solve only the graphics issue first. I hope I did my homework ok.
NOTE: config.plist is not working... i use config-fics.plist with 1916 ID or 1234 ID depending on what i need.

PS. Oh yeah, the backlight is OK on clover, it just when the apple logo starts loading that it turns off.
If you need, I can post a video with the behavior.

For all the time i stole you with this long post. I thank you in advance.
Whatever the outcome is, i will still be reading and learning a lot.

See you!
Your ioreg shows invalid ig-platform-id being used.
No expectation of much working without graphics drivers loading...

Motherboard
HP Pavilion 13-0001ns-Clover
CPU
i7 8565U
Graphics
UHD 620 @ 1920*1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Ok. I really messed a lot with the config files. So now i don't even know where to begin. I should use the default config.plist and try again?
Im a little lost with the ig-platform and the IGFX id
Should i change both or just one of them.

Thanks. If im missing something from my reply, im sorry. I will get back with a clean config and post my files again

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok. I really messed a lot with the config files. So now i don't even know where to begin. I should use the default config.plist and try again?
Im a little lost with the ig-platform and the IGFX id
Should i change both or just one of them.

Thanks. If im missing something from my reply, im sorry. I will get back with a clean config and post my files again
Guide:

Motherboard
Razer Blade Stealth
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, @agtp Did you figure it out? I have the same CPU in my New RBS and Have the same issue.

@RehabMan said Whiskey lake is close to Coffee lake. But when I put the fake id and platform id with coffee lake making always black screen. WEG seems like recognizing UHD 620 but 7mb/ No Accel.

I've tried Kaby R but no luck.

One time I got Sound with ID=0(appleALC) but now it is gone I do not know what setting was that for. I really tried so many settings and it could messed up this Mac.

I am using 10.14.4 it might helpful using 10.14.5 beta? IDK.

Motherboard
HP Pavilion 13-0001ns-Clover
CPU
i7 8565U
Graphics
UHD 620 @ 1920*1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi, @agtp Did you figure it out? I have the same CPU in my New RBS and Have the same issue.
One time I got Sound with ID=0(appleALC) but now it is gone I do not know what setting was that for. I really tried so many settings and it could messed up this Mac.

I am using 10.14.4 it might helpful using 10.14.5 beta? IDK.
I just gave up on trying with this machine for the time being... Same as you, I changed so many things that probably the config.plist is really messed. I can't even replicate the <<Full acceleration working without backlight>> scenario.

I tried AppleALC because there is support for the ALC1220A codec but couldnt make it work. I tried the same method the worked on my Asus with ALC887 but without the same results.

I dont want to mess with the clover instalation because the partition where it is installed holds the Microsoft and HP bootloaders. I just might try a couple of thing for the sound to work.. but im giving up on the graphics part...
not that im using that hack so much.. because without internet, theres not much fun to it.