1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
Intel i3 4340 3.6GHz
8GB ram
OS 10.9.4

:beachball:Be patient with the noob, please. :)

So I finally got my installation up and running, but I kept having these random freezes -- complete lock-ups -- with the F8 BIOS. I played around with the BIOS settings and boot flags, but kept getting the crashes and the occasional logged kernel panic. I saw on the GB website that F13 provided better stability, so I thought I'd give that a shot.

Well, now my system reboots the second it meets Darwin. I can boot Win8 and Ubuntu without a problem. But on both my OSX HD and my USB installation drive, it does that early reboot. And the Q-Flash utility won't let me revert the BIOS back to F8.:banghead:

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem (or anything like it)?

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
Intel i3 4340 3.6GHz
8GB ram
OS 10.9.4

:beachball:Be patient with the noob, please. :)

So I finally got my installation up and running, but I kept having these random freezes -- complete lock-ups -- with the F8 BIOS. I played around with the BIOS settings and boot flags, but kept getting the crashes and the occasional logged kernel panic. I saw on the GB website that F13 provided better stability, so I thought I'd give that a shot.

Well, now my system reboots the second it meets Darwin. I can boot Win8 and Ubuntu without a problem. But on both my OSX HD and my USB installation drive, it does that early reboot. And the Q-Flash utility won't let me revert the BIOS back to F8.:banghead:

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem (or anything like it)?

Please add your system specs to your profile like it says in the Rules.
It will help others to help you.

When you upgrade your BIOS it usually reverts to optimised defaults so any settings you made previously are lost.

Try setting to optimised defaults (just in case) then disable VT-d.

Boot with -v -x -f

Post a picture of the screen when (if) it stops

Good Luck

Please add your system specs to your profile like it says in the Rules.
It will help others to help you.
Done. Thanks.

When you upgrade your BIOS it usually reverts to optimised defaults so any settings you made previously are lost.

Try setting to optimised defaults (just in case) then disable VT-d.
Yeah, I've done that. I reset CMOS, optimized settings, then put the settings back to where they were when it worked with F8, including VT disabled. No dice.

Boot with -v -x -f
I have -v set on the plist, as I'd rather watch progress than a splash screen. :)
I've been booting with and without -f since the freezes started. No difference between them with F13.
-x, -s, and neither all reboot at the same point.

Post a picture of the screen when (if) it stops
The issue with that is that it doesn't stop. It reboots. I'll try to grab my own shot, but here is what my screen looks like for the split-second before it reboots:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...sh-any-positive-experiences-2.html#post801686

In the vein of that thread, I shouldn't have to patch the kernel, should I?

Good Luck
Thanks!

Okay. Now I'm as confused as all get-out.

I downgraded the BIOS to F8, aaaaaand... No luck.
So I patched the kernel.
Nope.

*sigh...*
:banghead:

No ideas? No similar experiences? Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back