Contribute
Register

B75M-D3H- Post Boot-Up+Login- Kernel Panic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook Pro i7 13" 2011- ML, i7 3930k Build+ Sabertooth X79 + 32GB Samsung Green RAM
CPU
Intel i7 3930k @4.6Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Working on another Hackintosh project for a friend, and am facing some bizarre issues. The computer will boot up fine, and I am able to log in- just about everything will load up without issues, and then within about 5 minutes the computer will freeze up for a few seconds and then just shut down. Booting in verbose mode, reveals this kernel panic (photo attached). And this is all AFTER the OS has loaded! I've never experienced this before.

DSCN0825.JPG

(Best photo I could get, took several attempts to get it, as the computer shuts down immediately after!)

System is as follows:
3570k on B75M-D3H- running on HD4000 connecting via HDMI to AOC I2367FH
8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz
Corsair CX430
1TB Seagate ST31000340AS
Inside a Fractal Design Core 1000 if that's relevant?

HDMI is working fine, RAM seems to operating OK, HDD has been through a lot after some debacle getting Linux's GRUB off it.

Also the machine has got Parallels installed on it, could the kernel panic have something to do with having 'Intel Virtualisation Technology' ON in the BIOS?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received, seem to have hit a brick wall! :banghead::banghead:

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Working on another Hackintosh project for a friend, and am facing some bizarre issues. The computer will boot up fine, and I am able to log in- just about everything will load up without issues, and then within about 5 minutes the computer will freeze up for a few seconds and then just shut down. Booting in verbose mode, reveals this kernel panic (photo attached). And this is all AFTER the OS has loaded! I've never experienced this before.

View attachment 62709

(Best photo I could get, took several attempts to get it, as the computer shuts down immediately after!)

System is as follows:
3570k on B75M-D3H- running on HD4000 connecting via HDMI to AOC I2367FH
8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz
Corsair CX430
1TB Seagate ST31000340AS
Inside a Fractal Design Core 1000 if that's relevant?

HDMI is working fine, RAM seems to operating OK, HDD has been through a lot after some debacle getting Linux's GRUB off it.

Also the machine has got Parallels installed on it, could the kernel panic have something to do with having 'Intel Virtualisation Technology' ON in the BIOS?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received, seem to have hit a brick wall! :banghead::banghead:

Thanks in advance!

Have a read over this well known guide and compare settings for bios as well as MultiBeast. There must be something small somewhere causing the problem.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

Adrian B

Thanks for the quick responses chaps :)

have physically checked over the RAM, moved them to the next slots, and reset to default settings- retaining Intel VT and SATA AHCI Mode.

The KP usually happens a couple of minutes after The OS and all 'Open at Login' apps have been opened. I've now deselected this for Parallels.

Adrian B- Yes, I'm so sure it's something tiny causing the issue- I used that guide when setting up the computer but some parts I glossed over, am now repairing disk permissions and reinstalling Chimera + settings through Multibeast. Fingers crossed, this is the 'Tiny problem'

Thanks again guys, will report back in half an hour or so :)

Any other are suggestions more than welcome!

Hi guys, just to tie this up.

Gave the computer a once over again, tapping all of the connectors to make sure they were in securely, and I found that the 24 pin, wasn't seated correctly. I can only assume that this was causing the kernel panics- as reseating it, has halted any kernel panics, and the machine is now running stable.

Thanks for the help, although it was a slight waste of time :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back