Contribute
Register

B&W G3 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
rehpotsirhc is correct. most stock intel coolers will fit.
and any basic antec should be good as long as it fits.

If you want my opinion, i would be looking to fit this case with the lowest power threshold you can get your hands on.
I would be looking to get the latest low power i7 chips and mate them to an express chipset when they come out.
i will be looking forward to the 81M mobile chipset, if they make it (As it should have the intergrated memory controller on the processor).

INTRO

Hi, This is a re-post of my long-running hackintosh build, using the old family 1998 B&W G3 powerpc.
This build started on the turn of 2009, with me looking to get involved in the hackintosh community
at the same time i was in the market for a new case!

The possibility occurred to me in storm of enthusiasm, and wasn't long before
i had found all the small constraints for this retro modern case.

Mostly, at the time, the community was really small but for an old forum ,insanely mac, where i managed to deduce along with others that it was a feasible build provided you used a really short mobo.

Originally i had seen the cooling possiblities as a major problem also, and i went on a tangent into watercooling(to limited success).
But after all the system problems that came with water-cooling, I made the shift toward the final setup.

The setup that would retain the most functional elements of the case and maintain
the ATX modularity, that this case is really quite good for.

So it came into form with the least modifications i could live with.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-g3-hackintosh-fresh-paint-mobo-newcooler.jpg
What is the cooler of the photo? thanks:crazy::crazy:

Hi, since the writing of this post i have destroyed the Old G3 plastic casing
and moved on to a stronger G4 Graphite case exteriour.

I think you might like the look

With this complete and finalized I now have a spare metal shell to work on.
this shell i hope to really renovate into something agressive.
with support for a dual GPU Mobo, slot-load optical drive.
And the full retro exteriour, something that stays with me through the bumps and bruises of lan gaming

Attachments

• IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,305
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,076
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back