Contribute
Register

AzureWave NB037H (WiFi+BT Combo) with Kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx a lot.
I finally was able to export this kext with your help)

But now, it seems that my hack, wakes up from sleep right after a few seconds i put it to sleep.
Is it the way it should be?
i mean is it because of this dongle, and theres nothing you can do?

using this kext on my DQ77KB I had no issues with sleep at all, but Console would reveal the reason (literally "Wake Reason:"). Some devices are "noisy" like the Dell keyboard and mouse I tried to use on it at first, before attaching my apple ones. In that case it wouldn't try to sleep at all, instead the screen would flash.

Hi, first of all, thanks for the kext, it activated my BT and WiFi interfaces, which is more than I've managed on my own ;)
Unfortunately with your kext I don't get any multitouch, or to be more precise, whenever a multitouch gesture is triggered the mouse freezes as the interface reactivates and works again after ~10-15 seconds
Do you by any chance have an idea what this may be related to?
My Belkin bluetooth dongle works, but I was hoping to get the internal card to work :(

PS. I'm on Mavericks.

Code:
02/11/13 17:41:34,000    kernel[0]    [BNBDevice::staticKickStartTimerFired] Timer fired
02/11/13 17:41:34,000    kernel[0]    [BNBDevice::staticKickStartTimerFired] ========= Forcing MT restart =========
02/11/13 17:41:35,000    kernel[0]    [AppleMultitouchDevice::start] entered
02/11/13 17:42:30,000    kernel[0]    [BNBMouseDevice][waitForData][c4-2c-03-a3-eb-ed] Became inactive waiting for data
02/11/13 17:42:30,000    kernel[0]    [BNBMouseDevice::getExtendedReport][80.14] ERROR: [BNBMouseDevice] getReport returned error e00002d7 for reportID 0x0047
02/11/13 17:42:30,000    kernel[0]    [BNBMouseDevice][updateBatteryLevel] Couldn't get battery percentage from device
02/11/13 17:42:33,000    kernel[0]    [BNBMouseDevice] notice: _outstandingIO > 0 but isInactive() returned TRUE...
02/11/13 17:42:33,000    kernel[0]    [AppleMultitouchDevice::willTerminate] entered
02/11/13 17:42:33,000    kernel[0]    [AppleMultitouchDevice::stop] entered
02/11/13 17:42:40,000    kernel[0]    [BNBMouseDevice::init][80.14] init is complete
02/11/13 17:42:40,000    kernel[0]    [BNBMouseDevice::handleStart][80.14] returning 1
02/11/13 17:42:40,000    kernel[0]    [AppleMultitouchHIDEventDriver::start] entered
02/11/13 17:42:45,000    kernel[0]    [BNBDevice::staticKickStartTimerFired] Timer fired
02/11/13 17:42:45,000    kernel[0]    [BNBDevice::staticKickStartTimerFired] ========= Forcing MT restart =========
02/11/13 17:42:45,000    kernel[0]    [AppleMultitouchDevice::start] entered

Nevermind, just found out about the horrible AR3011 "compatibility". Back to Belkin for me ;)

in particular this kext (like others) temporarily flashes the bluetooth chipset with a specific firmware, which is available in the source code. It's possible that a different firmware image is more compatible, but as far as I know no one has done the work of checking with commonly-used devices. That is the primary issue and is at least technically correctable.

Well I honestly don't think that there is a compatible firmware out there, I went on a scavenger hunt and found a russian forum where they did a rather complete overview of the Atheros chips.
In fact even Windows is failing to recognize it properly and only the Bluetooth Suite from Atheros enables the BT functionality.

If it wasn't for the multitouch functionality I'm sure I'd be perfectly happy with your solution, and thank you again for actually making this! This is the reason why I love this forum so much, people actually willing to help each other :)

Cheers

Hi SJ,
Today I received my AzureWave NB037H. I used your Xcode Project to create the Kext.
Tried it, and my Bluetooth shows up in System Preferences and my Mobilephone can detect my Laptop, but it can't connect.
My Wifi shows up also, but it won't find any Networks. Using Windows 8.1 Pro, Wifi works OOB.
Unfortunately your link to "old materials" isn't working anymore, so I can't try this method.
My Laptop also has only one Antenna, could it be, that it isn't working because of this (although Wifi works in Windows)?

Thanks in advance,
theandy

Attached is the set of tools I originally used

Attachments

• AR9285Tools.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 653
Hi SJ,
The Console on Mac gives me "ATHR: unknown locale: 60", so I'm pretty sure I need to change locale in eeprom, like mentioned in the first post.
I downloaded your Tools in Windows 8.1 and tried to dump eeprom in windows, but eeprom tool gives me errors. It says that AR9285 is not found. I also installed CommViewWifi. CommViewWifi shows in the Titlebar that it is a AR9002WB-1NG, which seems strange.
Can you help me with this problem? I really would like to get this card working.

Happy Easter,
theandy

Quoting my previous thread:
SJ_UnderWater said:
So locale now works as well, but must be set to 0x0, not 3a (FCC_US), or 10 (general). I assume this is because OSX automatically changes its setting by your location, and while the locale will now read FCC (even though it's 0x0), the Country Code will not be loaded immediately. Once OSX determines your location (somehow), it will set Country Code:
To make this change, use either ath_info in linux from the madwifi package, or CommView for Wifi and RCU in Windows. For the Windows method, you must install the trial of TamoSoft's CommView, launch it to install their driver, then close the program and run RCU where you can make the "RegDomain" change. Once set to 0x0, you can delete the files, uninstall (do any extra cleanup you wish), then return to OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back