Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG 390-F
CPU
Coffee Lake i7
Graphics
RTX 2070 Super
Neither Unibeast USB stick EFI partition nor SSD EFI partition will get me into 10.12.3 after the update. Both result in the errors seen in the first picture. I also attached the flags I am using, and yes - I've also tried -x just to be sure.

Only a fresh install of 10.12.3 from the Unibeast USB stick will get me into the OS. After that, both USB and SSD boot work for me. It's using the same EFI backup from my 10.12.2 installation and clearly works in this scenario. I've also tried a fresh Clover installation on the 10.12.3 USB stick, same results when trying to boot from the updated Sierra installation.

I would like to figure out what's going on so I can solve the problem in case of future updates. It would be a pain to have to start from scatch again, with none of the apps, projects etc. on my SSD.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• systemuptime.png
    systemuptime.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • bootflags.png
    bootflags.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
  • EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 95
Neither Unibeast USB stick EFI partition nor SSD EFI partition will get me into 10.12.3 after the update. Both result in the errors seen in the first picture. I also attached the flags I am using, and yes - I've also tried -x just to be sure.

Only a fresh install of 10.12.3 from the Unibeast USB stick will get me into the OS. After that, both USB and SSD boot work for me. It's using the same EFI backup from my 10.12.2 installation and clearly works in this scenario. I've also tried a fresh Clover installation on the 10.12.3 USB stick, same results when trying to boot from the updated Sierra installation.

I would like to figure out what's going on so I can solve the problem in case of future updates. It would be a pain to have to start from scatch again, with none of the apps, projects etc. on my SSD.

Any thoughts?

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Please DO NOT cross post duplicates. It is contrary to the rules: https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Last edited:
Is this the right location then now to ask? I uploaded my EFI folder earlier on, but it's gone now.

Is this the right location then now to ask? I uploaded my EFI folder earlier on, but it's gone now.

No EFI/Clover attached here.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Attached to original post.

Also, I was given this input and thought I would add it. Do you think this could have something to do with it and if so; what should be my next step?

"It looks you have a problem with usb device and that is a little bit weird because you don't have devices attached and it was working before so maybe it's a cache thing usually before Sierra you must boot without caches but as from Sierra it doesn't allow that
My guess here and not sure to delete the prelinked kernel and restart again, see others for advice also."

EFI not requested. Provide only EFI/Clover without themes as requested in FAQ.

I did? No themes etc. in it...

I don't mean to be rude, but I am trying to provide as much info as I can, why is it you're giving me such a hard time about it? Just curious :)

Have a good weekend!

I did? No themes etc. in it...

I don't mean to be rude, but I am trying to provide as much info as I can, why is it you're giving me such a hard time about it? Just curious :)

Have a good weekend!

EFI/Clover without themes will be approx 1.5mb.

Charming... ;)

I will have a look at it when I get home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back