Contribute
Register

Avid Pro Tools HDX system Build (Success) -ASUS P9X79 Pro,

Status
Not open for further replies.
This machine still up and running. Updated to El Capitan and Protools HD 12.8.1.

Hey !
Awesome build thanks for all the infos, did you upgrade to Sierra by any chance ? If not would you think there's gonna be any issues between Sierra and the HDX PCIe card ? (using Protools 2018)

Thank you very much !

Hey !
Awesome build thanks for all the infos, did you upgrade to Sierra by any chance ? If not would you think there's gonna be any issues between Sierra and the HDX PCIe card ? (using Protools 2018)

Thank you very much!

Hey Max, Yes I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.3 since Protools HD 12 doesn't support 10.13.4 at the moment ( June 2018).
This machine is running smoothly with HDX.

Bellow, I have attached working EFI.

Attachments

• P9x79 Pro High Sierra 10.13.3 EFI.zip
    194 bytes · Views: 86
Hey Max, Yes I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.3 since Protools HD 12 doesn't support 10.13.4 at the moment ( June 2018).
This machine is running smoothly with HDX.

Bellow, I have attached working EFI.
Did you have to do anything in particular to get the HDX to work? I have just done a build, but get no audio out of Pro Tools when using HDX. The HD I/O is metering, just no sound.

Please double check audio routing on protools I/O setup. Check whether you’re using Adat outs or analog outs according to your setup.
If you’re getting audio signal on I/O (LED), you already have a successful Pro Tools system..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Please double check audio routing on protools I/O setup. Check whether you’re using Adat outs or analog outs according to your setup.
If you’re getting audio signal on I/O (LED), you already have a successful Pro Tools system..

Cheers
Yes it was my I/O on the end. Had Outputs set to digital instead of analog. :rolleyes: Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back