Contribute
Register

Avid Media Composer - Failed to activate trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Core i5 4440 CPU Gigabyte GA H87M D3H Mobo Corsair CX500M psu Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 RAM (2x4gb
CPU
Intel Core i5 4440
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have just built my first hackintosh am am planning to use it to teach myself a video editing programmes. I already owned fcp 7 and have got it running fine, however I want to install the trial for avid media composer (any version from 5-8 is fine) but when I try to open version 8 I get a message simply saying "failed to activate trial", and when I've tried to install versions 6, 6.5 & 7 the installer quits before finishing the install.

I am reluctant to just go and buy the software if it won't install, hence attempting the trial first.

Indeed it does, however I have managed to install the same version on my 2011 Macbook Pro which has a 2.3ghz core i5 CPU.

This is my system

Core i5 4440 CPU
Gigabyte GA H87M D3H Mobo
Corsair CX500M psu
Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 RAM (2x4gb)

Anyone... ?

Have installed on our 25 hackintosh clients with the same hardware, and some get the same error as you.
No solution though...Searchin for it myself.

I have managed to install the avid media composer 8 trial on my i5 macbook pro and my i5 macbook air, so I can't see that the processor is the issue here, does anybody have any ideas please?

I had the exactly same problem. Did you have an solution yet?

I have had the same problem and i resolved it.

In bios there is an option for lan controlling. If its disabled then u can't activate trial. Avid uses the internal lan for its activation.

I have had the same problem and i resolved it.

In bios there is an option for lan controlling. If its disabled then u can't activate trial. Avid uses the internal lan for its activation.

Can you elaborate this ? I'm still having problems trying to activate the trial... I'm on a DELL Optiplex with Core Quad and it won't work... (NIC is recognized OOB)

Can you elaborate this ? I'm still having problems trying to activate the trial... I'm on a DELL Optiplex with Core Quad and it won't work... (NIC is recognized OOB)

Solution: make sure the Ethernet is seen as builtin. Even if is called "en0" but not recognized as built-in, Avid Trial activation won't work. (Avid MC 8.3.1 here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back