Contribute
Register

AVF Virtual Stream Errors. iTune will not play back SD or HD content...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-4820K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi CustoMac Community...

Spec :-

i7-4820k Ivy-Bridge-E 3.7 10mb L3 cache
Sabertooth X79 32GB
Palit Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB DDR5
HT231 Touchscreen monitor 1080p 1920.1080
Hyundia 32in HDMI 1080! 1920x1080
Nvidia WebDriver 3.....f04
Cuba 6
itunes 11.1.5
QT 10
Maverick 10.9.2 (tested 10.9.3)

So originally I had a geforce 670 that worked fine, wouldn't play HD but would play SD through iTunes. I read posts about the gtx 760 working and gave it a try. I've tested games, on-line streaming of hd content, bench marked and it worked however no HD or SD content work.

I'm not sure if this is DRM but the custoMac is registered to play content as well as my win8.1

OK here is the cruncher..

under OSX I can't play HD or SD content in itunes:- received a message stating that one of my monitors is not HDCP compatible however under windows both monitors are compatible with HDCP so I don't think its a HDCP

Under win8.1 all works HD, SD etc The nice little control panel told me both monitors and video card are hdcp compliant..

Running OSX as a host and using the physical hard disk of Win8.1 as the boot disk of a Parallels Virtual Machine, I receive the HDCP error but i am able to play SD content and not HD content. Can you see my confusion. I would be happy if i could just play SD on OSX but its not happening for some reason.

I checked AGPU and made the relevant changes so now AGPU loads with specific settings and I can see using hardware monitor that the GPU fan changes and rises accordingly. so no error there or i can't find any other error relating to GPU PM.

I have an SSDT.aml files using the SSDTPRGen script which resolved the processor not support error. I see ACPUPM loading with the correct mode, stepping and turbo boost works.

With the help of a number of other sources i've added both HDMI HDEF outputs for both monitors through virtual sound device. Even without the edited SSDT and the virtual sound device ---- still no SD or HD playback...

I used multibeast to install ALC892 kext and HDAEnabler which also works.

I've zapped Itunes and re-installed - no change
I've zapped QuickTime/re-installed and also install 10.7 -- no change
Cuba, Webdriver, --- no change
IGPU=No since i don't have a intel based graphics card.
IGPU=Yes I see Open GL loading certain frames and buffers but still no SD or HD playback.
GraphicsEnabler=No since i can not get it to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
npci=0x2000

Several different SMBIOS.plist << may cause problems with DRM? 90 day ban?

MAC 3.1 (encountered erp errors) no SD or HD
IMAC with Nvidia cards and encountered the same

iTunes changed system preferences to play only SD - no SD playback and no HDCP warning.

When opening iTunes i see a message stating a connection has been made with no delegate? is this the problem or the next message when streaming a Trailer in iTunes, error avf virtual accelerator create fail to create qt accelerator.

With downloaded content i do not see this error just a black screen and it doesn't even look like its playing. Also the HDCP message has gone, I can't reproduced the HDCP warning message waiting 30 seconds before plugging it monitors in OSX but I can in VM just by trying to play HD content.

When I try to open downloaded content from iTunes through Quicktime i just get a simple message Can not be played.

When I look at extensions in system profiler power management control kext loaded SMbios, SMbios PCI etc all there and looking at the boot sequence i've pretty much resolved all apart from one SMC error falling back to old SMC.

still not found a solution but there might be 2 x Palit Nvidia GTX 760 for sale < going back to AMD may be the option.

Does anyone have any other idea on how to resolve this, or another way of test AVF Virtual connection /streaming.

Best Regards

I cant be sure, but to the best of my knowledge it is still not possible to play HD protected itunes movies on anything that uses beyond a 6-series chipset motherboard. I suppose it is possible that Apple is now requiring the HDCP check for SD content as well, but I never tried that.

What I can confirm is that on my Z68 mobo with 2600K and either Nvidia (GT610, GTX 480, GTX 680)) or AMD (7750/2GB) videocard, itunes HD movie playback works perfectly. Cant use the integrated Intel video though. And if I use the same cpu and videocard in a Z77 mobo I have, playback no longer works regardless of videocard.

interesting, thanks for you info.. I suppose I just have to wait for apple or accept the fact that I will not be able to use itunes on the CustoMac but a Virtual machine some how gets round my SD problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back