Contribute
Register

Avast doesn't allow to download El Capitan Post-Install Tools (virus suspicion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z77-dh3 (Clover)
CPU
i7-3770/z77
Graphics
HD 4000
Here you have a capture of alert. I suppose it's a false positive but I think it's important you know about it.

Edit: I'm thinking may be it's not the best thread for this post. May be one of the multibeast threads.

2n Edit: Today, Avast let me download the tools without warnings. It was obvious that it was a false positive.

Attachments

• virus alert.jpg
    virus alert.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 331
Same issue here.

I don't get an alert from avast, but I cannot download this file, or the new UniBeast because of some "unknown network error".

Found a workaround for this by downloading the files with my phone, adding to dropbox and then downloading from dropbox onto the computer.

Same issue here with Avast. I don't remember having this issue with older versions of Clover, I am not sure what changed that it is now an issue. Here is what I found regarding the alert:

Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] is a is a broad classification used by the Avast Behavior Monitor feature for software that exhibits suspicious behavior categorized as potentially malicious.
The Behavior Monitoring feature observes the behavior of processes as they run programs. If it observes a process behaving in a potentially malicious way, it reports the program the process is running as potentially malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back