Contribute
Register

Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on a booter yet? I'm kind of hoping Chimera will get it to boot.

nchase said:
I have a pretty vanilla install here.

When I click Install, I get the following message:

We could not complete your purchase

This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer.

Yup same problem here...

you're best bet is to make a boot parition and apply the lion image to that boot from that install then lion is fully working as long as you use a compatible bootloader and install the loader to both the lion install parition and the osx one.

Ive got lion fully working it is a lot faster in my view than snow leopard, and im sure iboot with the lion dvd method will work.

if you're interested i used the Chameleon r1111 bootloader and it ran perfect.

NB to mods if this talk of installation is unappropriate please delete the post and apologies.

Hi, is anyone getting the message "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer."?
I'm on a Hackintosh, i7, gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r mobo.
One of the previous poster said he changed his smbios to a Mac Pro 3,1 definition - just done that and it still says it can't be installed... any ideas?

pgodw4 said:
Their servers are getting slammed. I'm getting about 400kbps. When usual download speed is around 1.4mb. 4 hours remaining. Longest 4 hours of my life. Well, it is 11.15pm here, maybe I'll just deal with this big cat in the morning.

Same Here...! :mad:

I'm downloading it in my wife MBP then I want to try to do THIS I would like to try a clean and fresh install.

All you guys which are facing that you can't install Lion on this computer you have to make sure following things:

1. You must have updated your system to 10.6.8 first
2. You must have an original copy of Snow Leopard
3. Make sure you haven't copied someone else SMBIOS.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back