Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Intel 530 (onboard)
Just curious. Completed my z170x build today and with some help got it installed and running. All seems ok but a few things. To stay on topic, I have a shut down / reboot issue.

If I shut the rig down, it automatically restarts after two or so seconds. I've got this singled out as a usb issue and specifically when I have my bluetooth dongle in any of the 10 ports. As soon as I pull it, shut down is fine and final. As soon as I plug it in, the computer wakes and reboots.

I've tried the usb settings in BIOS as well as in OS X, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Just curious. Completed my z170x build today and with some help got it installed and running. All seems ok but a few things. To stay on topic, I have a shut down / reboot issue.

If I shut the rig down, it automatically restarts after two or so seconds. I've got this singled out as a usb issue and specifically when I have my bluetooth dongle in any of the 10 ports. As soon as I pull it, shut down is fine and final. As soon as I plug it in, the computer wakes and reboots.

I've tried the usb settings in BIOS as well as in OS X, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have not tried unplugging the BT USB adapter but I have the same issue. My Hackintosh is running great with few exceptions - audio, power off, and video does some wierd flash refresh and mouse shadows. I got the latest gear (recommended by the group) - GA Z170X-Gaming 7 TH, M2 (Samsung 950), GTX950 video, 16MB memory. Great Zalman case and plenty of cooling.

Now, I can't pass it along to the little missus if you can't power off :(

Thanks to everyone for those contribution - first build a success because of you!

Hello, i met the same problem.
I have a Z170X Gaming 5.

Solved it forever by checking "Fixshutdown" option in clover configurator

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-07 a las 12.28.33.png

Hello, i met the same problem.
I have a Z170X Gaming 5.

Solved it forever by checking "Fixshutdown" option in clover configurator

View attachment 202129

Thank you! I will try this tonight and update the forum.

Have you had success with the onboard audio?

Yup. I can post my steps, but can't guarantee its going to work for you.

Procedure:
1- Fresh Install
2- On Multibeast:
  • UEFI Mode
  • Activate USB Max Port
  • Intel Graphics 530 (for Skylake)
  • System Mac Pro 6,1 (Though now im testing iMac 17, to see if the unknown bug gets better)
-RESET-

3- On Clover Configurator:
  • ACPI: check FixShutdown
  • BOOT: Bootflags -f, Kext-dev-mode and rootless=0 checked
4- Multibeast:
  • Install drivers for audio (mine are ALC 1150), and install "100 series audio"
-RESET-

5- Apply Native audio with Clover & AppleALC.kext
Native audio with Clover & AppleALC.kext
Note: I applied this solution because with the other one i could lose the audio randomly after some time of use.​

The video:

Global notes:
Note that this solutions are not tested many times.

Hope something helps!

Edit 01:
Aparently the step 06, works without the step 05. (I just reformatted for you)
Gonna test a bit if the audio is solid, and if it is im gonna upload a video i made about the process.

Edit 02:
I erased an extra step that turned out to be useless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back