Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Aurora R4 Build: Core i7-3820 - Dell Alienware Motherboard - 16GB RAM - GTX 580

Alienware Aurora R4

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-aurora-r4/pd.aspx?~ck=mn

OSX Lion Setup Guide:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

Build Notes

Successfully running OSX 10.7.5 on my Alienware Aurora R4. I had to start the machine with all the cpu settings in bios disabled and running on only 1 core. I used Chimera 1.7 as the boot loader(mainly because newer versions did not seem to work) and Snow Leopard appleHDA audio kexts(Lion Kexts I could not get to work) to enable the onboard audio. Once loaded, I used Voodoo TSYNC kext to enable all the cpu cores. Rebooted and changed the cpu bios settings back to default and presto....running nice and stable :)

HEY DUDE,
Im trying to convert my R4 to a Hackintosh too,
Do you need a DSDT for the motherboard? whats the name of your motherboard?
And what kind of boot code did you use to see your installer?
My mouse and keyboard lagg, thinking that its my CPU that is not recognized how ever when I click on , about my Mac, it recognizes everything...

Im a noob but I apreciate if you help me to find the right DSDT for the motherboard to download, and also what else did you need except the ones you alrdy posted?

Thanks in advance

I don't feel that was a terribly helpful post, but thanks for getting the idea off the ground anyway :)

I used unibeast to make a bootable USB key, but I couldn't get it to boot! So, by some sheer coincidence I had Chimera laying around on another USB key, and tried starting the machine with that and choosing the unibeast key's OS X partition.

Then type in:

USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 cpus=1

for your boot flags. It should boot right up and into the installer! If you have a GTX660 like I do, it should work flawlessly! Once you've installed it, which bootloader to use is a problem I haven't quite figured out. It's funny, but I'm using unibeast's boot loader at the moment.

You know what doesn't work out of the box? The audio. I still can't quite figure that one out, but the multibeast ALC892 kext doesn't work in 10.8.4

Still, it's amazing how much actually works. Even sleep works.

Edit: Also, once you've installed VoodooTSCSync (use multibeast), you can stop using cpus=1 and enjoy the full performance of the machine. My i7 3820 pulls 12k on geekbench, not bad. :)

Ok, being that this is an X79 board, you'll need to download Multibeast 4.6.1 to get the sound working, and you can get that here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

Open it, and choose the following stuff:
Drivers -> Kexts -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> unified device injector -> ALC8xxxHDA
Drivers -> Kexts -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> AppleHDA Rollback
Drivers -> Kexts -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Non-DSDT HDAEnabler -> ALC892

Install it, and you should be good to go. :)

I just realized that all this time i was installing Mountain Lion instead of Lion OSX on my computer...
:oops:
as im a noob, should I just try Lion? or if I alrdy have problems with Mountain Lion, I will also have problems with Lion as well?
where can I buy the LION osx from?
and my CPU is 6 core i7 3930k, would I still use the same Multibeast as you used?
My problem was that my computer lagged and was slow after installation, otherwise I think everything except the sound card was recognized... any IDEA what caused this problem?
This is the CODE I USED to get to the installer screen: ncpi=x3000 -x -v
did you have to use the multibeast at the beginning, what things did not work for you out of the box except your sound?

Thanks a lot man...

Hey, sorry for the long delay in answering, this forum doesn't really notify me.

If you're using a GTX 6xx card, it should work. I had to use Chimera (installed on a separate USB stick) to get the (installed with unibeast) OS X installer usb stick to start. Of course, with the following flags
cpus=1 npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=Yes

After installing OS X, the unibeast bootloader worked fine - and installing Chimera + FakeSMC + the various other kexts (you can pull those straight from your unibeast key if you want) worked fine. :)

Best of luck!

So to get OS X installed properly you need both a Unibeast and Chimera USB key? Which versions of both did you use?

Thanks for the info, I had kinda given up, but I will try again with these new boot codes.
Do you know why my mouse and keyboard lagg and my system is slow after installation?

USBBusFix=Yes should take care of your mouse (and probably keyboard, though I can't remember mine lagging).

The latest version of Chimera and Unibeast worked fine for me. You'll need the version of multibeast I specified to get sound working though.

Hope that helps some! Try PMing me too if you have more questions :)

I think your settings dont let me send you a pm

Ok so I think Im almost there,
I installed OSX Mountain Lion Using your codes: USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 cpus=1 -x -v, and using the VOODOOTSCSync.kext , I got all my cores working fine... THanks alot

My only 2 problems now are:

I cant get my Firewire port to work
and my USB 3.0 doesnt work, although I installed the kext s using the Multibeast.
and I still cannot boot from my Moutain Lion,I still use my USB Hard-drive : USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 -x -v

also when I connect a 2 TB external USB 3 hard drive to my USB 2.0 it still doesnt show up,
Some times my system lags too, when I click on the launchpad, do you hv such problems? Should I just try it with the OSX Lion instead of Mountain Lion?
everything else seems to be working, thanks A LOT for your HELP, im almost THERE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back