Contribute
Register

Aurora R4 Build: Core i7-3820 - Dell Alienware Motherboard - 16GB RAM - GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so just an update:

I reinstalled OSX , this time LION instead of ML

I still cannot boot from my HD, after installing the VOOODOOTSCSYNC.kext and not even using MultiBeast, Im booting from my USB and using this code: USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 -x -v

My only problems are, FIREWIRE and USB 3.0 and the Audio(which i dont care if my firewire works)

Any Idea How I can fix that?

The system is smooth, Im so happy this is getting there,

Thanks in advance.

OK, so just an update:

I reinstalled OSX , this time LION instead of ML

I still cannot boot from my HD, after installing the VOOODOOTSCSYNC.kext and not even using MultiBeast, Im booting from my USB and using this code: USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 -x -v

My only problems are, FIREWIRE and USB 3.0 and the Audio(which i dont care if my firewire works)

Any Idea How I can fix that?

The system is smooth, Im so happy this is getting there,

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I'd like to know more details on how you got Mountain Lion installed on your Alienware Aurora R4.

I have the same machine except with an i7 3820 and Nvidia 560Ti. I can't get to the install screen at all. My BIOS level is A07.

I've used Chimera 1.7 and the latest version of Chimera along with the latest version of Unibeast with ML from the app store. The furthest I ever get is a black screen after it appears to load the ML image on the USB key. I've tried all the boot loader strings I could find related to the Alienware R4 on this forum.

I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction!

Thanks!

Hi

It might be that your GTX 560 won't work with the GPU drivers, I dunno. When I used chameleon on a separate USB stick to boot the unibeast retail stick, it worked fine.

Trying to go straight off the unibeast stick would just crash the machine.

Also: The R4 doesn't have firewire, if you have firewire on the top of your machine that's an older Alienware Aurora.

That's what I'm thinking.. the 560 isn't compatible. This PC is less than a year old - doesn't have firewire... 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 in the top of the case. Looks like I'm going to build a hackintosh mini instead.

First, i have a solution to the audio. Install VoodooHDA 2.7.3 and use the correction for half volume. And go!

I have a question to you. Are your Aurora r4 overclocked? My Aurora it's overclocked by speedstep to 4,2ghz. The problem is that when I go to the Hackintosh... it's 3,2 only (windows it's okay).

I try ssdt, appleintelcpupowermanagement with patchs, etc... but everytime I have a kernel panic with the menssage "unssuported cpu 0x6". I try to correct this error, same other post in Internet, but there will be any difference... because don't work :(

Is you can say me a solution, you will be my hero! xD

Turns out it WAS my video card. I picked up an ASUS 650 GTX this weekend and I got it installed. Just trying to nail down the proper multibeast settings now. Should I use the latest or the older one mentioned in this thread?

About my Alienware R4. I decided to wait till the Mavericks come out. Now im about to use Mavericks on it.
i used this code to install mavericks on it:

USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 cpus=1 -v

for the audio I had to use:

Voodoo_HDA-2.8.5_MAV.pkg

and now im trying to use all my 6 cores, but my multibeast voodooTSCsync 6 core is not installing the voodootscsync properly.

I mean it doesnt finish installing. It gets stuck half way in. Anyone has such problem with installing any drivers with multibeast?

Any tips would be appreciated

Ok!!!! i have now built this successfully. after 1 Year and a Half, lol but i guess its worth it. (Having said that I waited for Mavericks to Come out + I'm a noob)

I was able to instal the VoodooTSCsync.kext by using kext-beast.

Here is what I did over all to get my Alienware Aurora R4 working with Mavericks.

Specs:
i7-3930K
6 Cores 12MB
GTX 780
Intel X79
2011 Socket
GTX 780
Audio:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Sound Card
16 GB RAM
512 SSD plus 3 TB additional Storage (1 boots Windows 7 64 bit)Everything is working.

(If you have too much volume in your itunes or browsers maybe this helps: ) I use Saffire Pro 40 interface with firewire connection, and i noticed that everything was being double tracked. Thats why the volume is too much. You have to get rid of one layer that is being played back from your PC.

ANYWAYS,

Here is my booting flags:

to instal mavericks:

cpus=1

after installation:

For Audio:
Voodoo_HDA-2.8.5_MAV.pkg

For getting the 6 cores working:
Download voodooTSCsync and put it on the desktop, then use kext-beast to install it to your system/library/extensions/

Thank you all who helped me build this, I hope someone else could build this thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back