Contribute
Register

Aup808's Build - GA-Z68XP-UD4 - Core i7-2700K - GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the test up above, no, I don't think I ever fully tested to see if my OpenCL was working.

I actually tried updating it to 10.7.5, but my computer froze multiple times when tried to load the log in screen, so I reverted back to 10.7.4 (I only mention that because I saw in Tonymacx86's blog that 10.7.5 had some changes with NVIDIA cards and OpenCL, I think, or maybe I misread).

Is there a test or something I should download/do to see if OpenCL is working?

Should I download the OpenCL Enabled Version? Or just the plain LuxRender 1.0?

Here are the results from the test (it was the Sala test, should I do a different one?)

ScreenShot2012-09-27at113600AM.png

I'm not sure what that means but I think it should be higher, correct? Or do I need to select another mode in LuxMark v2.0? I think in my thread here: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66124, I did a few of these tests as well.

Let me know what exactly this means... And if OpenCL is somehow not working (if you can tell from these tests), I guess I'll have to do some research to on how (or if) I can get it working! :)

Thanks!

OpenCL is working and that's a very good score! :thumbup:

Thank you for running this as we're in the process of check if some of the graphics cards we don't have are running correctly in 10.8.2. We don't have a GTX570 in our inventory. However, since you're not running 10.8.2, yet, we'll have to keep looking for someone who's running 10.8.2.

No problem!

I would love to update to 10.8.x eventually (I didn't want to have to do my HDMI audio edits all over again, but I just saw the blog post about how they're now a lot easier in Mountain Lion to edit, and I was also afraid because I did see some people have a little more trouble with the upgrade than others (especially with nVidia graphic cards) and I had the mindset of, "Why fix what isn't broken?")... I will look more into it these next few weeks, and I'll send you a PM if I decide to go for it and upgrade.

Thanks for clarifying my OpenCL!

Stork,

I'm in the process of building my first hack, I've had it all up and running fine, then I mucked it up with Fakesmc, but anyhow. My point is that I am building an i7 3770K, GA-z77x-up5 th with a EVGA GTX570 with OSx 10.8.2 install.

So after all the great help and advice from this site it is the least i can do to help out if need.

Also been looking for any info about if the GTX570 works with GE=no, it seemed fine with GE=yes. WOW looked and played great. Would there be any point in setting it to No?

Cheers

N.

Urm.. after I've rebuild Hack that is.

Narc_uk, No. :lol:

Ok, just got the system up and running bar a few bumps with me tweaking again (think I'd learn :p)

Found out that GE=no doesn't work, and getting Airplay mirror working not so easy either, but ha ho.

Right, downloaded LuxMark and carried out the test, the score looks to be good, i haven't installed CUDA if that make a difference.

Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 22.41.26.jpg

But carrying on to GeekBenck i think I'm a little low, would this be because I'm using iMac 12.2 profile?

Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 23.19.02.png

Anyhow if i can be of help let me know .. will play and hope not to break the install a little more then will post my system.

Regards

N

-----------------

Got called by girlfriend while writing this .. posted and then saw your post about GE .. Well we learn more the hard way.. like this forum, search for info and you come across all sorts of good stuff.. its helped me loads..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back