Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys,
it`s not my first hackintosh, but the first i am going to build on my own. at the moment i see just one problem: there`s only one mainboard recommended with thunderboldt onboard but that one only goes up to 32GB Ram?
any other mainboards to recommend?
all the best, andreas

hi guys,
it`s not my first hackintosh, but the first i am going to build on my own. at the moment i see just one problem: there`s only one mainboard recommended with thunderboldt onboard but that one only goes up to 32GB Ram?
any other mainboards to recommend?
all the best, andreas

There are no motherboards currently on the market with Thunderbolt that support more than 32GB of RAM, because all of them use the Z77 chipset, which supports a max of 32GB. In fact, there are no Socket 1155 chipsets that support more than 32GB; you'll have to go to a Socket 2011 system (X79) to get the capacity for more RAM.

There are no motherboards currently on the market with Thunderbolt that support more than 32GB of RAM, because all of them use the Z77 chipset, which supports a max of 32GB. In fact, there are no Socket 1155 chipsets that support more than 32GB; you'll have to go to a Socket 2011 system (X79) to get the capacity for more RAM.

but there are no socket 2011 boards with TB, right?
any other solutions to get both?
best regards,
andreas

is there something like the asus thunderboltEX for gigabyte boars? haven`t found anything....

Nope, and there's a good chance the Asus Thunderbolt card will never see the light of day since Intel won't approve it. I wouldn't put my money on seeing any sort of Thunderbolt add-in card.

You have 2 options with the specs you've listed, you can go 64gb of RAM and no Thunderbolt, or Thunderbolt and 32gb of RAM max. There is no way around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back