Contribute
Register

Audio + WiFi doesn't work on Thinkpad T430 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

This is my first time setting up a hackintosh, so I apologize if this is somewhat of a stupid question. I followed this guide to turn my Thinkpad T430 into a Hackintosh, but I used OSX Sierra instead of El Capitan. Almost everything works, aside from the audio input/output and the WiFi.

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure the internal WiFi card will never work, because it's an Intel brand WiFi card, and there's no drivers for OSX, please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, I'm not sure why the audio doesn't work. When I look in System Preferences > Sound, I see "no input devices found" and "no output devices found." I'm not sure how to diagnose and resolve this issue, could it be I'm loading the wrong kext for my audio card?

Thanks very much!

Hello!

This is my first time setting up a hackintosh, so I apologize if this is somewhat of a stupid question. I followed this guide to turn my Thinkpad T430 into a Hackintosh, but I used OSX Sierra instead of El Capitan. Almost everything works, aside from the audio input/output and the WiFi.

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure the internal WiFi card will never work, because it's an Intel brand WiFi card, and there's no drivers for OSX, please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, I'm not sure why the audio doesn't work. When I look in System Preferences > Sound, I see "no input devices found" and "no output devices found." I'm not sure how to diagnose and resolve this issue, could it be I'm loading the wrong kext for my audio card?

Thanks very much!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

OK, I've looked through this guide as well, and fixed most of my problems. The only issue I have is audio still doesn't work. I've followed the guides on kext patches I needed to add to Clover, but after several attempts, lots of tweaking, and countless reboots, I still can't get my audio card recognized.

As in the post I linked in the OP, I've got a Realtec ACL3202 aka. ALC269 audio card.

What should I do to get help with this issue? I'd really like my speakers to work.

OK, I've looked through this guide as well, and fixed most of my problems. The only issue I have is audio still doesn't work. I've followed the guides on kext patches I needed to add to Clover, but after several attempts, lots of tweaking, and countless reboots, I still can't get my audio card recognized.

As in the post I linked in the OP, I've got a Realtec ACL3202 aka. ALC269 audio card.

What should I do to get help with this issue? I'd really like my speakers to work.

Audio also covered in the FAQ. You need patched AppleHDA components that match your codec (many flavors of ALC269) and appropriate DSDT patches.

Audio also covered in the FAQ. You need patched AppleHDA components that match your codec (many flavors of ALC269) and appropriate DSDT patches.

Ok, I'll keep banging my head against this wall :crazy:
Thanks for all the hard work you do on stuff like VoodooPS2 and the like, by the way! Even though I'm having trouble with this, I appreciate how hassle-free everything else has been thanks to your tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back