Contribute
Register

Audio was fine in 10.8.3, but slowly begins to static/distort in 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! The Audio Midi Setup fix seems to have worked for my distortion issue. However, I still have an audio glitch issue in all applications. Randomly when playing back video from any application the audio will cut out for a split second and then come back. Sometimes, but not always, the video will freeze for that split second as well. Also every time this happens I noticed that my volume level in the top tool bar drops down one level and then goes back up again. Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried updating to the latest MultiBeast and the issue still exists. Any ideas on this audio issue?

Well i don't have the same mobo as you but i had that same issue when i'm on the mac pro definition you could change your system definition to any iMac tis helped my issue

Yeah, upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Find your output that is "lit-up" with a finder-like logo.
-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

So this fixed my Chrome issue for a while, but all of a sudden it came back. I went to the Audio Midi Setup window and it was back to 48kHz again. I change it to either 44.1 or 96 and things work fine. Then a little while later the static comes back again. I open it up again and the settings have been changed back to 48kHz again. What am I missing here?

setting 96khz in AUDIO MIDI SETUP fixed this issue for me on 10.9
tnx

Yeah, upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

Thanks! Worked fine on P9X79 deluxe using optical built in audio. I have professional reference audio monitors and I have to say, I see a big quality step on 96khz 24 bits than before.

So thanks twice.

This worked! Thank you! You're a life saver. Chrome/Flash no longer distorts. I was looking for midi settings under sound preferences, was not aware it was a stand alone setting. Thanks for sharing.

Worked great thank you!!!! this is on the X79-up5

this is what worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back