Contribute
Register

Audio was fine in 10.8.3, but slowly begins to static/distort in 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I upgraded to Mavericks 10.9, and installed with Multibeast 6.0, the audio problem was resolved. it now works perfectly with Chrome or Safari... YAY!

Still suffering from this, even after updating to Mavericks. Have tried reinstalling audio driver to no effect.

Anyone found a fix?

Also I could not find any midi options in sound panel, so I have not tried that method yet..

Yeah, upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Find your output that is "lit-up" with a finder-like logo.
-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

Yeah, upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Find your output that is "lit-up" with a finder-like logo.
-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

This worked! Thank you! You're a life saver. Chrome/Flash no longer distorts. I was looking for midi settings under sound preferences, was not aware it was a stand alone setting. Thanks for sharing.

No problem, glad to keep the TonyMac karma moving forward. Someone told me how to do it on here a few weeks ago.

Hi all,

Sorry to drag this thread to the top again but I'm having similar problems. Everything was fine under 10.8.3. After updating to 10.8.5 and running Multibeast 5.5.4, when watching videos the sound becomes distorted usually after around 10 minutes of watching a video. That is, regardless of the starting point in the video, the first 10 minutes of watching are fine and then the audio rapidly deteriorates.

This happens with streaming videos in Chrome. The same streaming videos are fine with Firefox and Safari. However, it also occurs with AVI files, both in XBMC and VLC (mp4/mkv plays fine). I've tried changing Audio MIDI Settings but the problem still exists with any of the three available frequency settings.

My hackintosh has a Gigabyte H77n-Wifi motherboard (Realtek ALC892) and I'm using the DSDT in the tonymac database. Audio and video are connected via the on-board HDMI to a hifi receiver.

I'd appreciate any further suggestions to chase this one down, or even information that people have about the issue. Is it a problem with the realtek audio driver, or a MacOS problem? I'm not really keen on upgrading to Mavericks at this point, and anyway I couldn't find anything that similar to my problem on the Apple forums—lots of people with constant clicks and pops but not much about gradual deterioration when watching videos.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks! Following the advice in that thread I deleted AppleHDA.kext and reinstalled the 10.8.4 version of ALC892 with MultiBeast 5.4.3, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks! Following the advice in that thread I deleted AppleHDA.kext and reinstalled the 10.8.4 version of ALC892 with MultiBeast 5.4.3, which seems to have fixed the problem.

You're welcome - Glad you got it sorted :thumbup:

i have tried everything..with chrome without crome,audio midi setup compinations,older multibeast drivers..
same results..audio gets distorted and mic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back