Contribute
Register

Audio was fine in 10.8.3, but slowly begins to static/distort in 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
74
Motherboard
motherboard OR system make and model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thank you! The Audio Midi Setup fix seems to have worked for my distortion issue. However, I still have an audio glitch issue in all applications. Randomly when playing back video from any application the audio will cut out for a split second and then come back. Sometimes, but not always, the video will freeze for that split second as well. Also every time this happens I noticed that my volume level in the top tool bar drops down one level and then goes back up again. Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried updating to the latest MultiBeast and the issue still exists. Any ideas on this audio issue?

Well i don't have the same mobo as you but i had that same issue when i'm on the mac pro definition you could change your system definition to any iMac tis helped my issue
 
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
20
Motherboard
MacPro
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yeah, upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Find your output that is "lit-up" with a finder-like logo.
-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

So this fixed my Chrome issue for a while, but all of a sudden it came back. I went to the Audio Midi Setup window and it was back to 48kHz again. I change it to either 44.1 or 96 and things work fine. Then a little while later the static comes back again. I open it up again and the settings have been changed back to 48kHz again. What am I missing here?
 
Joined
Jan 24, 2014
Messages
1
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
setting 96khz in AUDIO MIDI SETUP fixed this issue for me on 10.9
tnx
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
11
Motherboard
OSX 10.7.4
CPU
Dual - Quad Xeon 3.0 (on macpro 1,1)
Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yeah, upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Find your output that is "lit-up" with a finder-like logo.
-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

Thanks! Worked fine on P9X79 deluxe using optical built in audio. I have professional reference audio monitors and I have to say, I see a big quality step on 96khz 24 bits than before.

So thanks twice.
 
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
68
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
ATI Radeon Pro Frontier Edition 16gb x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This worked! Thank you! You're a life saver. Chrome/Flash no longer distorts. I was looking for midi settings under sound preferences, was not aware it was a stand alone setting. Thanks for sharing.

Worked great thank you!!!! this is on the X79-up5
 
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
68
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
ATI Radeon Pro Frontier Edition 16gb x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah, upgrading to Mavericks (the day it came out), and using MB 6.0 made no difference on the sound issues. BUT, changing the audio frequency did. It's been working great now for weeks. It's not your MIDI settings, but it's in the "AUDIO MIDI SETUP" settings, which is one app that located in your utilities folder (near Disk Utility).

-Find your output that is "lit-up" with a finder-like logo.
-Adjust the FORMAT: frequency. Try a different one than what you've been using (3 choices).

I have not noticed a difference in sound, other than that the distortion has completely disappeared. Hopefully, we'll get to the root of the issue, as sound worked perfectly for so long, with "vanilla" audio settings.

this is what worked!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top