Contribute
Register

Audio was fine in 10.8.3, but slowly begins to static/distort in 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to add that I experience this problem on my hackintosh with booth built in AND external soundcard (Creative Tactic 3D Alpha) on OS X 10.9.

I just wanted to add that I experience this problem on my hackintosh with booth built in AND external soundcard (Creative Tactic 3D Alpha) on OS X 10.9.

I do not experience any audio issue with Topping TP32 Amp (via USB DAC @ 44.1K/16) or Topping VX1 Amp (via USB DAC @ 96K/24).

I had this issue when I used built-in ALC898 though.

Chrome was the trigger of audio issues in all cases, specifically youtube videos > 2 mins. Then it would spill over to the rest of the system. Closing Chrome and resetting audio setting would correct it until next time. Safari/Firefox/iTunes and bunch of other Hi-Resolution Music Players were always working fine, but would be affected when Chrome triggers this mess.

Brilliant. Thank you!

Removing google chrome from my hackintosh apparently really solved this issue.

I'm wondering: Is this a hackintosh specific problem? And if it is, can anybody explain the relation between google chrome running and a modified audio kext on a hackintosh that finally leads to sound distortion?

Removing google chrome from my hackintosh apparently really solved this issue.

I'm wondering: Is this a hackintosh specific problem? And if it is, can anybody explain the relation between google chrome running and a modified audio kext on a hackintosh that finally leads to sound distortion?

Actually, many Mac users are affected by this as well. It is not hack specific. It is caused by google chrome not setting audio buffer correctly. I would imagine good OS design should be less fragile.

How much control does Apple have over Chrome/Google and Flash/Adobe? Does Mavericks include either?

It would not be a problem if only application causing the issue is affected. The problem is - it is wasting entire system and that is very bad design.

Thank you! The Audio Midi Setup fix seems to have worked for my distortion issue. However, I still have an audio glitch issue in all applications. Randomly when playing back video from any application the audio will cut out for a split second and then come back. Sometimes, but not always, the video will freeze for that split second as well. Also every time this happens I noticed that my volume level in the top tool bar drops down one level and then goes back up again. Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried updating to the latest MultiBeast and the issue still exists. Any ideas on this audio issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back