Contribute
Register

Audio was fine in 10.8.3, but slowly begins to static/distort in 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte UP5-TH
CPU
Graphics
ATI 7950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UP5-TH (F11 BIOS)
CPU: i7 3770k
Audio chip: Realtek 898 Onboard

My audio worked fine in 10.8.3 but after I updated to 10.8.5 and reinstalled the 898 drivers with Multibeast, the audio is having issues. I listen with headphones, and the audio will be fine at first but after a minute or two of listening, it slowly begins to become distorted/static until it's unintelligible. Switching Audio Output to another port and back seems to fix it for a few moments, before it begins to become distorted again.

How can I fix this? I have not noticed the same behavior with speakers, just with headphones (even when I plug the heaphones into the port the speakers use). The headphones work fine elsewhere.

Thanks!

I also have this problem on my MSI MPower Z77.

Yep same with me too using ALC892 drivers. I initially thought it was my speakers tried some spare ones had same problem, In windows everything works perfectly.... Tried reinstalling ML the issue still exists!

Anyone have a work around or update as to whats happening?

Thanks,

Are you using Chrome ?

Are you using Chrome ?

Ha! Yes I am and have just found another post saying to disable the flash plug in, I've just done it and the static seems to have stopped almost like magic!

I will update if the static comes back :) but so far this seems to be the reason!

Are you using Chrome ?

The problem is system wide for me. In Chrome, VLC, Garagebad... It worked fine in previous 10.8 versions.

Are you using Chrome ?

I am using Chrome.. Is there a compatibility issue with Chrome's Flash plugin and OSX? Should I install the flash version from Adobe's website and disable the one bundled with Chrome?

I've just disabled Flash for the time being, although I recall the issue happening in other applications (VLC) -- but then again, I likely had Chrome open and minimized to the dock.

Anyone else found a fix?

I experienced distorted audio as well after updating to 10.8.5, using the latest Multibeast 5.5.3 audio driver. After a quick search I found out the switching from the front to the rear audio port will 'cure' the problem. In fact the audio output is not distored any more but it is just a workaround.

Same problem here, but it is related to chrome, all other audio works ok...

I experienced distorted audio as well after updating to 10.8.5, using the latest Multibeast 5.5.3 audio driver. After a quick search I found out the switching from the front to the rear audio port will 'cure' the problem. In fact the audio output is not distored any more but it is just a workaround.

This doesn't do anything for me. Also disabling Flash in Chrome did not solve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back