GTX 560 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
I have been having a strange audio issue on my hackintosh after I got my GTX 560(non ti) a few months ago. Sometimes after a reboot I don't have audio at all. The icon in the menu bar is greyed out and in system preferences under sound it would say something like "No Output Device". I tried reinstalling My audio kexts from Multibeast but that wouldn't work. I tried all different things like repairing disk permissions and other thing but the only thing that would bring audio back was to replace my smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist from a time machine backup. After I did that I would most of the time have audio after I rebooted. Another thing I noticed was when I was rebooting after replacing those two files is how many rotations the spinner under the Apple logo would spin. I found out that if the spinner only spun half a rotation audio was not going to work. However if the spinner spun 3 times during boot I could tell Audio was going to work before I even got to the desktop.
For now I have gone back to using the Intel HD 3000 graphics.
My hardware is:
Intel DZ68DB(No DSDT) using onboard ALC 892
i5 2500K
8GB RAM
EVGA GTX 560(non ti)
sorry for the long post. If you have any questions please ask.
Thank You.
Albert

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I forgot to mention I'm running 10.7.3.

Hello
I have been having a strange audio issue on my hackintosh after I got my GTX 560(non ti) a few months ago. Sometimes after a reboot I don't have audio at all.
I don't know what the problem is. Suggest an update to 10.7.4. Don't install audio. Verify system is complete on 10.7.4. Run MultiBeast 4.6.1 with these selections
1. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC892
2. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC892
3. MultiBeast 4.6.1/System Utilities

Reply with a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

I finally had time to update to 10.7.5 and I still and having this problem. Do you have any other ideas?
Thank You.

Here is my IOreg.
Thank You.

Attachments

• Albert's Mac Pro IOreg.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 60
Sorry. Heres the new one.
Thank You.

Attachments

• Albert's Mac Pro.zip
    547.5 KB · Views: 60
Sorry. Heres the new one.
Thank You.
What is installed is not from Post 4. Delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext and HDAEnabler892.kext and any other HDAEnabler???.

Install 892 audio as described in Post 4. Reply with new IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back