Graphics
EVGA 560 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After setting up my hack in under an hour and a half on my first try, everything is working perfectly fine albeit some minor tweaking. One thing that is not working however and I was looking forward to was audio through my HDMI port since I'll be using the computer on a LCD TV. I connected the SPDIF cable supplied with my graphics card from the motherboard to the video card. Once I boot up, everything is fine which is because no audio is actually being transmitted I assume. After I log into SL, I hear a crackling sound intermittently that only happens for about a half a second but repeats every second to second and a half. I have tried reversing the position of the SPDIF cable on the graphics chalking it up to user error but produce the same results both ways. I read that audio through HDMI is supported in SL since 10.6.2 I think. Is there a set-up issue that is causing this that I can fix through MultiBeast or does it sound like I have a hardware issue?

Also, this is using "Internal Speaker" in Audio in System Preferences. I assumed Digital Out referred to the Digital/Coax SPDIF on the I/O shield. I did not attempt to modify this under this assumption, and also I got tired of unplugging my system to reverse the position of the SPDIF cable.

Any help would be appreciated.

And tony, expect a donation coming your way in about two to three weeks. I'm a little tight on money right now but once things loosen up in two weeks, I'm gonna support the site cause it was the biggest help in building and setting up my hack. I had some gift certificates which i put towards my SL purchase so I figure why not give you the difference since I was expecting to pay full price for SL anyway. Keep up the great work!

i have that same problem trying to get sound through HDMI to my TV and have tried every combination of sound kexts and can't fix it, all i hear is some static kinda sound using voodoohda but nothing with legacy or the alc888 applehda kext so it would be great to see if someone has an answer to this

If you are using SPDIF passthrough, then you'd need first to get SPDIF-Out working, then of course be selecting that as the audio output. But whether the card will automatically just pass the audio through, or not (due to driver/card config) I am afraid I do not know!

If you have a newer nVidia GFX card with audio codec build in, then the following post from Tmonkgol may get you sorted:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=140941&view=findpost&p=1446861

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back