Contribute
Register

Audio through Hdmi following tonymacs guide having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajwatuc said:
following tonymacs new guide having issues with dsdt edits get following message

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 351: If (\_SB.PCI0.IGD0.GSSE)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.IGD0.GSSE)

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 353: \_SB.PCI0.IGD0.OPRN ()
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.IGD0.OPRN)

ASL Input: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 5947 lines, 194809 bytes, 2119 keywords
Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 25 Optimizations
This is a guess. It appears your changed the device name from IGD0 to something, perhaps IGPU, but only in one place. There are a total of three instances of IGD0; make sure three are changed. Easy way is to Search: IGD0, Replace: IGPU. That ensures all instances are edited.

I figured it out I must have not copy and pasted in to the exact places. I have a new question though the guide sassy to change device name to IGPU so I assume I have to change all instances of the device name? It comes up three times when I search it

Ajwatuc said:
I figured it out I must have not copy and pasted in to the exact places. I have a new question though the guide sassy to change device name to IGPU so I assume I have to change all instances of the device name? It comes up three times when I search it
You don't have to change and, if you do, yes, 3 times. Easiest way; Search: IGD0, Replace: IGPU.

toleda said:
Ajwatuc said:
following tonymacs new guide having issues with dsdt edits get following message

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 351: If (\_SB.PCI0.IGD0.GSSE)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.IGD0.GSSE)

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 353: \_SB.PCI0.IGD0.OPRN ()
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.IGD0.OPRN)

ASL Input: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 5947 lines, 194809 bytes, 2119 keywords
Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 25 Optimizations
This is a guess. It appears your changed the device name from IGD0 to something, perhaps IGPU, but only in one place. There are a total of three instances of IGD0; make sure three are changed. Easy way is to Search: IGD0, Replace: IGPU. That ensures all instances are edited.

thanks toledo i didn't see your post when I posted. I do have another question for you though on the new audio through hdmi guides are those just for 10.7.1 or should I apply those guides to my computer. I noticed after 10.7.2 update i don't have artifacts anymore and can boot from hdmi. I also of course have audio through hdmi

Ajwatuc said:
thanks toledo i didn't see your post when I posted. I do have another question for you though on the new audio through hdmi guides are those just for 10.7.1 or should I apply those guides to my computer. I noticed after 10.7.2 update i don't have artifacts anymore and can boot from hdmi. I also of course have audio through hdmi
10.7.2 solves several problems, however, the macmini5,1 framebuffer connector table did not change. AppleHDA did change, though, the edits remain the same. I am updating the guides this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back