Graphics
None At The Moment
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've recently installed the latest Mavericks update, and reconfigured the audio, and all has been working fine, until.....it hibernates.

When I started back up, there is no sound.

I also noticed while watching a youtube video, when it ended and I went to watch another one, there was no sound. It stopped working even without the system going into hibernate.

I restarted the system and I had sound again.

I have a Gigabyte Z87-UD3H with ALC898.

Has anyone come across this?

Working on it on my own to see if I can figure it out, but if anyone can help, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I use the ALC898 kext with my Asus Maximus V Extreme and has always lost sound when returning from sleep? I thought it was a normal fact of mackintosh.. But with my Samsund SSD is a speed 8 seconds to boot so I just reset if it goes to sleep, and its still faster than WinBlows 8

I have experienced the same thing. Gigabyte Z77-UP5-TH with the 898. It will just stop, even without going to sleep. I originally thought it was just the no-sound-after-awaking-from-sleep problem.

However, if I put it to sleep, then wake, I have sound again (at least until the sound quits again!).

Same issue here after last Mavericks update (10.9.3) on Gigabyte z78-UD3H and 898. Audio stops working after a while and restart after a sleep/wake sequence.

Same issue, audio randomly stops working.

On occasion, audio will still work after sleep, but rarely.

OS X 10.9.3 / MB 6.3
GA-Z87MX-D3H / ALC 892

EDIT: This is with Sys Def MacPro3,1. I'm trying iMac14,2 now to see if that makes a difference as reported in other threads.

I have Asus P8Z77M-Pro motherboard, after updating to 10.9.3 and installing audio with MultiBeast 6.3 I had no audio after sleep.
Installed audio again with MultiBeast 6.1 and now sound works without problems, after sleep also.

Just a quick fix that has solved all issues, kinda cheated but has solved all problems and gave me a couple perks...
I picked up a Logitech G510 keyboard which happens to have audio in and out via usb on the back of the KB and voila, I can sleep wake and everything in between and always have full sound :) I know its cheating but it works perfectly.

Same problem here. Was watch a movie in XBMC and had to ga away for 2minutes. When I came back the audio was gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back