Contribute
Register

Audio report on GA-H67N-USB3-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
pechenie said:
Wow, great job, man!

Green audio ports seems to be fixed for me, but I had no luck with HDMI audio though. :(
I've installed both kexts you provided and rebooted, but there is no "HDMI Audio" menu item in sound preferences appeared for me.

Regarding HDMI audio, please reply with your IOReg. No bios changes are necessary; there may be a dsdt issue. On the black port, that is actually my mistake. I had planned to offer the orange port (center and sub) for 3.1 sound. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Oh, I don't know if I understand you correctly, but here is the output of my 'ioreg' command from the terminal in the attachment.

Btw, should I install "pure" DSDT from the database or the patched one (from here) is needed? I have the patched one insalled.

Attachments

• ioreg.output.txt
    46 KB · Views: 172
pechenie said:
Oh, I don't know if I understand you correctly, but here is the output of my 'ioreg' command from the terminal in the attachment.
IORegistryExplorer is an application that is part of the Xcode Developer package. If you have not downloaded it, you can get in the App Store as a free download accessed from a Lion system. It's a big package (+1GB) and IOReg is a small application. It is very valuable for understanding what your system is doing.

toleda said:
IORegistryExplorer is an application that is part of the Xcode Developer package. If you have not downloaded it, you can get in the App Store as a free download accessed from a Lion system. It's a big package (+1GB) and IOReg is a small application. It is very valuable for understanding what your system is doing.

Xcode developer package is the only thing forced me to migrate to Mac OS X so I definitely have it installed :) Here is *.ioreg in the attachment (doh, it's actually zipped because forum doesn't allow me to attach *.ioreg files).

P.S.: this app seems to be doing absolutely the same as the "ioreg" terminal application, but in more human readable format :)

Attachments

• PechMacMini.ioreg.zip
    466 KB · Views: 60
Please help me update the BIOS on Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, @ BIOS program own something does not work ..

pechenie said:
Xcode developer package is the only thing forced me to migrate to Mac OS X so I definitely have it installed :) Here is *.ioreg in the attachment (doh, it's actually zipped because forum doesn't allow me to attach *.ioreg files).

P.S.: this app seems to be doing absolutely the same as the "ioreg" terminal application, but in more human readable format :)

Yes, they are one in the same. The dump (.txt file) is a snapshot of the system. It is cumbersome to work with. The application (GUI) provides real time status of the system. I use the copy because it's easier to find what I'm looking for.

Your IOReg says you have not installed the patched AppleIntellSNBGraphicsFB.kext successfully. The framebuffers show the native rather than the edited values.

Hmmm, great, but what should I do? I've placed the kext you provided (actually, it is 599 Kb size) to the desktop and ran KextBeast, so it says it is installed.

Also, my /System/Library/Extensions AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext also seems to be the kext you provided, because it is differ from the one I have backed up (lesser size). So it's definitely the one you provided...

Could you provide correct AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext one more time?

[EDIT] The framebuffer kext you provided is dated to 14th September, while AppleHDA and readme are after 20th of September. Maybe you've included the wrong one?

pechenie said:
Hmmm, great, but what should I do? I've placed the kext you provided (actually, it is 599 Kb size) to the desktop and ran KextBeast, so it says it is installed.

Also, my /System/Library/Extensions AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext also seems to be the kext you provided, because it is differ from the one I have backed up (lesser size). So it's definitely the one you provided...

Could you provide correct AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext one more time?

[EDIT] The framebuffer kext you provided is dated to 14th September, while AppleHDA and readme are after 20th of September. Maybe you've included the wrong one?

The 9/14/11 date for the framebuffer kext is correct. I have updated AppleHDA for the orange port. The new download is available in my previous post (post 5, page 1 of this thread.) Please reinstall the framebuffer kext. You will know the edited framebuffer kext is installed when IOReg/IGD0@2/AppleIntelFramebuffer/connector-type=<00 08 00 00>.

Still no luck with that :(

In IOReg I can see 3 records for "AppleIntelFramebuffer". First two of them say connector type = <00 04 00 00>, and the last one says connector type is <00 08 00 00>.

I am using DSDT from this article: HDMI Audio. Is it correct?

What else could go in a wrong way?

[EDIT] I've just reinstalled DSDT and kexts just to be sure, but still no any progress :(

pechenie said:
Still no luck with that :(

In IOReg I can see 3 records for "AppleIntelFramebuffer". First two of them say connector type = <00 04 00 00>, and the last one says connector type is <00 08 00 00>.

I am using DSDT from this article: HDMI Audio. Is it correct?

What else could go in a wrong way?

[EDIT] I've just reinstalled DSDT and kexts just to be sure, but still no any progress :(

weird i am getting exactly same results

booting in black hdmi port still unusable (can swap after boot)

what could we be doing wrong

Attachments

• nige’s Mac mini.zip
    322.2 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back