Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright, I've successfully installed Lion on my CustoMac Mini 2011 (Core i3 2105, HD3000) with patched for HDMI audio both DSDT and AppleHDA.kext.

1) First of all it is very sad that in my case second (under USB's) HDMI port make all the system is very sluggish on input\output actions make it absolutely unusable, so I switched to first HDMI for a while.

2) Secondly, line out audio seems not to be properly configured. The sound outputs to Rear (black) port, not to green one. More than that, after audio is unused for a while, on the next audio event (movie, system alarm, etc.) there is little (about 1 sec) delay, then CLICK, and then sound outs. Pretty annoying :(

Appreciate some help. Thank you!

pechenie said:
Alright, I've successfully installed Lion on my CustoMac Mini 2011 (Core i3 2105, HD3000) with patched for HDMI audio both DSDT and AppleHDA.kext.

1) First of all it is very sad that in my case second (under USB's) HDMI port make all the system is very sluggish on input\output actions make it absolutely unusable, so I switched to first HDMI for a while.

2) Secondly, line out audio seems not to be properly configured. The sound outputs to Rear (black) port, not to green one. More than that, after audio is unused for a while, on the next audio event (movie, system alarm, etc.) there is little (about 1 sec) delay, then CLICK, and then sound outs. Pretty annoying :(

Regarding Item 1, there is a solution. It requires editing the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. The edit assigns the first port as a HDMI connector rather than the default DisplayPort. The details will available in the HDMI Audio Forum later this week http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=162.

Item 2, the good news; HDMI audio works on Intel HD3000 Integrated Graphics. The bad news, its not perfect. Expect improvements in the future. The choice was to wait for a better solution (maybe weeks, months, ...) or go with this. What would you do?

Wow, thanks for the answer.
1) I can't wait for the fix to be released :) You guys awesome.

2) Thanks for the answer. No problem here, I just wanted to be sure that I didn't anything wrong :)

I've shelved my 2105 + h67n usb3 until a fix is released
i actually thought there'd be more interest in this build

in hindsight should have got a mac mini not much more expensive than my build

pechenie said:

1) HDMI port make all the system is very sluggish on input\output actions make it absolutely unusable.

2) Secondly, line out audio seems not to be properly configured.(

The issues you mention have been solved on my system with the attached kexts.

AppleHDA - in addition to HDMI audio and SPDIF digital optical, the green ports front and rear are supported. Note: plugging in headphones (green front) mutes sound.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB - Mac Mini Framebuffer edited to support the first HDMI connector for HDMI audio and boot.

Your system must be the H67N-USB3-B3, HD3000, 10.7.1, macmini5,1 smbios.plist and boot with the first HDMI connector (under the VGA port).

Good luck.

Credit: bcc9 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=259705&view=findpost&p=1700218

Edit: h67n-mm5,1_v1; Line Out = Orange Port - 9/25/11

Attachments

• h67n-mm51_v1.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
toleda do you have hdmi audio on port 1 (under vga) with those settings and tonys posted dsdt and kext

nige2000 said:
toleda do you have hdmi audio on port 1 (under vga) with those settings and tonys posted dsdt and kext

If I use tonymacx86 kext and dsdt, boot from port 2, I have the graphics stall that impairs the boot. If I boot from port 1, the boot is successful and I can hot plug to port 2 and get hdmi audio. I simply wanted hdmi audio on port 1.

The edited kexts solve two different problems. 1. The AppleHDA kext replaces the tonymacx86 AppleHDA kext and enables the green ports, front and rear. 2 the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext solves the boot on port 2 for hdmi audio problem. The hdmi frambuffer is moved to port 1. The edited kext enables a normal boot on port 1 with hdmi audio.

The dsdt edit is unchanged with the edited kexts.

To summarize:
1. the dsdt edits are the same
2. the edited AppleHDA enables the speaker and headset (optional, personal preference)
3. the edited AISNBGFB enables hdmi audio on port 1 when used for boot.

@toleda

thanks i had same issue you described
ill try your kexts later on when i get home

Wow, great job, man!

Green audio ports seems to be fixed for me, but I had no luck with HDMI audio though. :(
I've installed both kexts you provided and rebooted, but there is no "HDMI Audio" menu item in sound preferences appeared for me.

I meet all requirements you provided. Should I make some additional bios tweaks as well?

[EDIT] Also, I've investigated that front (green) and rear (black) outputs seems to be messed up. That is, because when I'm listening to music through the green output I can hear bass and drums on the "front end" (impressive sound quality by the way) whereas vocals and guitars are on the back. When I plug into the black output I meet opposite situation (but it is more suitable to hear through phones though). It is absolutely no problem even if I buy brand new 5.1 sound system because I simply can plug front to the rear and vice versa, so it is just kind of bug report ;)

pechenie said:
Wow, great job, man!

Green audio ports seems to be fixed for me, but I had no luck with HDMI audio though. :(
I've installed both kexts you provided and rebooted, but there is no "HDMI Audio" menu item in sound preferences appeared for me.

Regarding HDMI audio, please reply with your IOReg. No bios changes are necessary; there may be a dsdt issue. On the black port, that is actually my mistake. I had planned to offer the orange port (center and sub) for 3.1 sound. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back