Contribute
Register

Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, what is my codec 887 legacy or current? thanks!

hi there!

Ok, I've been building hacks for a long time, but there are a few things I just don't understand. regarding all audio installations. I have installed them many times on fresh installations and they work well for a time. When the installed machines audio fails and i need to reinstall just the audio, how do i do that? I have machines that originally used chimera, and now I have machines that use the new clover based installer, unibeast and multicast for post install. Another thing I find myself needing to do is move a hard drive from one motherboard to another. What is the method? I'm working with GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (ALC 898), GA-B75m-d3h, ALC 887) and. Also, I noticed with the new Multicast 8.2.3, it was asked if the installer "deleted" and old file that would have to be reinstalled. The read me said "remember" the installer doesn't delete the old file but "overwrites" it. Looking for anyone that knows what that means. I have a drive that was in my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, and I needed to move it to a ga-b75m-d3h will a repair was done on the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. So, in particular I need to know how to reinstall the proper audio files.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give

@toleda how can i make alc 293 work?here is a capture from device manager from windows :p using an thinkpad x260 skylake architecture if that matters to realtek codec.!thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 192
So I have got my build working on my ga z170n wifi. Just the sound won´t work. I tried the method with multibeast but it says 'Installation failed'.

Also I tried the audio-cloverALC-120 script but it fails, too:

File: audio_cloverALC-120.command_v1.0b0
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

I have got an external sound card working but it bothers me that the internal ports won't work. I hope someone can help me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back