Contribute
Register

Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, see Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.
Use Audio_ID: 1 for 6 port audio. See Post #1, Audio_ID: 3 is for 3 port audio motherboards.
I will Try it now I have installed A clean Installation For ElCapitan 10.11.5 From AppStore I will Set up the Audio ID to 1 .If it works out I will share it to everyone .stay with me .

Hello,
I'm trying to make green port work, but could't.
black port working fine as Line Out.

sometimes, when i reboot and its connected to the green port, i switch to Internal Speakers, it works.
but most of the time it doesn't.

any idea?

Hello,

First, thank you to everyone who helped this together. The number of permutations covered is staggering.

This question only pertains to understanding the instructions. At this point I do not have a question about fixing problem so I have not included the files needed for troubleshooting.

I have been following the steps in the No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]. In doing so I found that the Audio Code Verification (Step 5.3) is incorrect (should be 889 not 887). Per the instructions in Step 5.5.1.1, I moved to the ALC AppleHDA.kext installation above, and it is at this point that I am experiencing some confusion interpreting the instructions.

First, I am assuming that the following four items are not individual methods, they're more like steps:

Realtek ALC Installation Methods
  1. Audio codec/ALC Injection? audio_codecdetect.command.zip (Select View Raw, double click)
  2. Native AppleHDA.kext? Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf
  3. Select one method, remove method to try/install a different method
  4. Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA, below
If so I was able to complete step 1 (sort of a pre-check?) but I'm having trouble interpreting the guide in step 2.

I followed the Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf and since I have 10.11, I chose Restore Method B. I successfully completed up to step 6. I'm not clear on what to do after that since all of the other steps are under C which is listed as 10.10 only, and I'm guessing extracting a file to the desktop isn't the end of the story. Or, do I now move on to step 3, and choose a method to try/install?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I have audio, however there is no "Builtin Speakers" option.

From top to bottom (see the attachment):
  • If i choose first "Line Out" only front speakers (green) works
  • If i choose the middle no audio
  • If i choose the third(last) only rear speakers (black) works
How can i achieve simultaneous output?

Attachments

• SoundPreferences.png
    SoundPreferences.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 194
  • DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 195
Hi there Toleda/RehabMan/Anyone else, my friend is having a problem with his sound. His audio adapter is alc 283 in a laptop. I managed to get the sound to work but it only works on the headphones and not the speakers. His laptop has a combo audio/mic jack. It says headphones as the output in system preferences, constantly. I have injected layout-id 1 in the dsdt for HDAU and HDEF. That's the only time it works but only partially. It does so with the cloverALC-110.command. He has a native AppleHDA.kext. I have attached the DSDT, SSDTs, IOReg and Config.plist from clover. Please help me make it fully function. Thank you!

Laptop: Razer Blade 2015
CPU: Intel Core i7 4720HQ
RAM: 8 GB DDR3L
GPU: GTX 970M / Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4600
Sound Card: Realtek ALC 283
Wi-Fi: AzureWave AW-CE123H

Attachments

• partially working.zip
    679.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.