Contribute
Register

Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda-

thanks for the examples. I've tried appleHDA kexts before and even multibeast for my sabertooth x79 with no luck.

But because of your examples in this post I tried it and it worked, thank you so much for your contributions to this community.

cheers!

IT WORKS!!!! :headbang:

I can listen via internal speaker or external speaker, not via HMDI.... at the moment, I continue investigating.
Any idea to fix the HDMI Audio problem?

The Clover EFI patch doesn't work on Legacy install of Clover.
Is it possible to add the patch to a Legacy Clover install and have it work as well as a UEFI install?
X58A does not have a UEFI BIOS and never will as far as I can tell - just too old.
I have everything else working, but would like to get audio in the config.plist rather than patching the AppleHDA if I can.

Attached ioreg and config.plist

View attachment X58A-ElCapGM.zip

The Clover EFI patch doesn't work on Legacy install of Clover.
Clover/Legacy works. Instructions (script):
# 4. For Clover/Legacy, answer y to Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n)
See Troubleshooting/Problem Reporting, Post #1. Post to linked thread.

Clover/Legacy works. Instructions (script):
# 4. For Clover/Legacy, answer y to Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n)
See Troubleshooting/Problem Reporting, Post #1. Post to linked thread.

Tried again - patch completed this time around. Not sure what I did wrong, but it must have been either a PICNIC or a PEBCAC.

Audio working now :thumbup:

Thanks - you do good work!

Question - if I have audio set to 1 in DSDT is it necessary to inject 1 via Clover config.plist?

What are the advantages / disadvantages of those 3 Methods?:

I selected the II. Realtek ALC AppleHDA Scripts installation method, worked perfectly, thanks. (ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 board.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back