Contribute
Register

Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ALC889 and today I updated to 10.10.2.
First I tried Piker-Alpha/AppleHDA8Series.sh script with layout id 1. But it didn't work with Yosemite 10.10.2 update. (269.25)
However audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.4.command worked perfectly. Thanks for the scripts.

However audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.4.command worked perfectly.
All patch scripts require the native AppleHDA.kext when the script is run the first time. The same script (different script fails) can be run after a Software Update to restore audio. The cloverALC script is run once for new installs only.

Hi Toleda,

I have a question for you:

Your script copies "layoutX.zml.zlib" and "Platforms.zml.zlib" to the AppleHDA Resources folder. What happens after an update? Is the whole AppleHDA.kext replaced? Hence will the files your script creates be deleted?

Just want to know if I will have to run your script after each future Apple update. Thanks

What happens after an update? Is the whole AppleHDA.kext replaced?
Software Update adds new files and replaces changed files. No.
The OS X Installer deletes kexts when installing to an exiting install.
Run cloverALC once after an install; Software Update has no effect on audio.
Run realtekALC once after an install and after each Software Update.

Thank you once again for saving my audio.

I have the Asus Z97M-Plus motherboard with ALC887 audio installed with Clover/EUFI 10.20.3 and I was able to get it working with section 3. cloverALC/Clover patched. I had a few extra steps not mentioned in the steps listed. Maybe new to 10.10.3?

At step 4-1.

Maybe add a line to let people know that they need to manually mount the EFI of the hard drive before they can install.

The installer tells me, but I didn't read it closely as I was hurrying through the listed steps. It wasn't a huge deal. the second time through I read the whole text and seen I must mount the EFI partition.

Also, just after step 4 or 5. I got an Audio ID: prompt that I had no clue about. I read through the article and found it pertains to how many audio ports on the back of the PC, but it wasn't a simple 6, but a code of 1 -3 with predesignated configurations.

Luckily it was just under the clover section, under section Section 3 of requirements.

3. Supported Audio-IDs (Audio_ID = layout-id), select one
1. Audio IDs
1. Audio_ID: 1 - 3/5/6 port Realtek ALC onboard audio with/without
1.HD4600/HD5000/HD5200/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

2. Audio_ID: 2 - 3 port (5.1) Realtek ALC onboard audio with/without
1.HD4600/HD5000/HD5200/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

3. Audio_ID: 3 - 3/5/6 port Realtek ALC onboard audio with
1. HD3000/HD4000/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

2. Details
1. Audio_IDs: 1 and 2 support analog 5.1 surround sound, 3 does not
2. Audio_IDs: 1, 2 and 3 require HDMI audio dsdt edits/ssdts for HDMI audio

I hope the formatting came out okay.