HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I have a working system updated to 10.9.2. However, I have an audio problem. My audio just randomly cuts out. I can get my audio back by rebooting, but it is pretty annoying when you are in the middle of something and your audio stops working for no reason.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I've had it happen, and so far haven't had the nerve to pester Toleda about it until other possibilities are eliminated.

Today went the whole day without a problem, but yesterday it dropped out.... Usually crashes unigine demos when sound is not working. I've been using them a lot lately testing fan control.

Are you by any chance using the Realtek 898 or 892 codec? Same problem, normally I find this problem after my computer has been sitting idle for a while or after waking it from sleep.

892 here, and I don't have it set to go to sleep, but it does happen after idle.

I am using 887 on a Gigabyte H81N. I noticed that it is totally random. I was playing my guitar in GarageBand, and the sound just cut out in the middle of the project. It will also cut out after idle and sleep, much like you all were writing about. The only way to get audio back is to reboot.

I have been reading about actual Mac owners are experiencing similar problems since the 10.9.2 update.

I am thinking bout downgrading to Mountain Lion, but I would like to remedy this problem somehow. Does anyone have any ideas?

I am using 887 on a Gigabyte H81N. I noticed that it is totally random. I was playing my guitar in GarageBand, and the sound just cut out in the middle of the project. It will also cut out after idle and sleep, much like you all were writing about. The only way to get audio back is to reboot.

I have been reading about actual Mac owners are experiencing similar problems since the 10.9.2 update.

I am thinking bout downgrading to Mountain Lion, but I would like to remedy this problem somehow. Does anyone have any ideas?

Are you using the 887 driver from Multibeast 6.2.1, or from 6.1? Some have reported that the one from 6.1 has been more stable.

The problem I encounter has happened on both.

There are certain random issues with audio in Chrome/Flash since 10.8.4- one solution I've found is to use the older AppleHDAs from MultiBeast 5.4.3.

:thumbup:

There are certain random issues with audio in Chrome/Flash since 10.8.4- one solution I've found is to use the older AppleHDAs from MultiBeast 5.4.3.

:thumbup:

Just for the record, generally 2.5.3 from 10.9.1 works nicely too ..
2.6.0f1 introduced extensive power management for Audio Engines. There's now a procedure startPowerManagementTimerForEngine which handles subroutines called StopEngineAtPositionInput and StopEngineAtPositionOutput which previously weren't separate in the binary, on the contrary - it was a single short subroutine, which in 2.6.0 was split and heavily re-coded to help fix audio loss issues after sleep on certain Mac computers.. after 10.9.2 people still complain about audio loss after sleep with some Macs, so we are affected here as well.. hence 10.9.3 will probably focus on audio issues too, because ever since new generation of Macs was released with 10.8.5 Apple can't get their things right in terms of analog and digital audio (incl. HDMI).

Very useful information. Thank you.

I just tried to use the Multibeast settings from 6.1 and I got the same thing. I tried un-installing Chrome and VLC because I read that there were some issues with those programs in regards to sound and the computer just freezing. However, still get the audio cut out.

I am going to try to use the two that Tony and Time suggested and I will report my findings.

Thanks!

@JuanLobo:

I tried it with both with the same results.

I just reverted back to 10.9.1 and everything is working correctly. I guess that I will just stay at this version until it is fixed, but I may go back to Mountain Lion, but that is mainly because of Garageband.

Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back