Contribute
Register

Audio Randomly Stops Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z87X-UD3H with 898, If the computer sits idle for an undetermined period of time, i still have sound but the keyboard volume controls do not work.

A reboot fixes this.

10.9.2 with Multibeast 6.2.1 no DSDT AppleHDA and 898 Kext

*bump*

I want to bump this thread as I experience similar issues with my audio. I run a GA-Z77-DS3H board under 10.9.2 with the 887/888 current audio drivers. The speakers are connected to the black jack on the back.

After several minutes of use, either browsing or spotify or similar, the sound just disappers and is only back after reboot or if the browser's tab is reloaded. It then works again for a few minutes, which makes it seem like a buffer/memory problem.

Are there any solutions to this so far?

There are certain random issues with audio in Chrome/Flash since 10.8.4- one solution I've found is to use the older AppleHDAs from MultiBeast 5.4.3.

:thumbup:

Same issue here with Chrome/Flash videos. Sound goes scratchy/digital then cuts out and usually locks up the video I was watching. On multi-beast 6.3.0. Will give MultiBeast 5.4.3 a try.

Same problem here with 898. It's been like that since 10.9. Leave the computer on idle and the audio most likely will get cut. Gotta sleep and awaken to get audio back. Sometimes full reboot is required. Also, sometimes the audio cuts immediately after VLC finishes playing video. I've "fixed" the problem by keeping some audio playing at all times. Very annoying still.

I think I've tried to install old drivers but they didn't work.

Hi, same problem here since i built my Custo Mac Pro last May (Custo Mac Pro GA-Z87X-D3H - i5-4670K - GTX760OC 4Go). I got sound working (from motherboard jack or USB Headset) but randomly every 10 or 20 minutes it begins to be scratchy and distorsed exponentially. I cannot stand like more than 1 min with this when it begins.

I found a quick win solution by installing Soundflower and getting off then on again the selected input. It's better than rebooting the computer... But i got to do this every 15min average!!! :banghead:

I tried Multibeast audio ACL 892 updates 6.2 & 6.3 on both mavericks 9.3 & 9.4 nothing changes. I'm on 9.4 now.

NB : from the motherboard the sound is alway a little noisy but thay may be a different problem as it is not when connected with my USB heaset...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back