1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm moving this thread away from here.

Chewbee,

I went to Gigabyte's website, and guessed that you have a P55M-UD5 rev.1 mobo. According to the specs it has Realtek 889a.

First, check the obvious, go to Sounds Pref Pane to see if output is set to Internal Speakers. If no Intenal Speakers, then you might have a rev 2, or P55A-UD5, or ???. In either of those cases I need to edit a different DSDT from the database so you can run MB again and select the appropriate Audio chipset. Nothing to remove.

chewbee,

since we're both online, I'm trying to PM you, but you have them blocked.

Just wanted to see if you wanted to chat instead, go much faster.

I'm moving this thread away from here.

Chewbee,

I went to Gigabyte's website, and guessed that you have a P55M-UD5 rev.1 mobo. According to the specs it has Realtek 889a.

First, check the obvious, go to Sounds Pref Pane to see if output is set to Internal Speakers. If no Intenal Speakers, then you might have a rev 2, or P55A-UD5, or ???. In either of those cases I need to edit a different DSDT from the database so you can run MB again and select the appropriate Audio chipset. Nothing to remove.

Users manual is labeled as GA-P55-UD5, users manual ref is Rev1001
12ME-P55UD5-1001R
copyright 2009

they say that this is written on the board itself, I checked it says 1.0

Yes I am set to internal speakers

And yes the manual stated that the audio is Realtek ALC889A codec

Many thanks and sorry for garbaging the previous thread

Well, my dir listing is exactly the same as yours.

Can you post your /var/log/install.log? Want to see if there were any errors.

*Update*

Well, there is only 1 Gigabyte P55 + UD5. Must be correct.

I assume that in About This Mac->More Info->System Report->Audio there is an Intel High Definition Audio

Well, my dir listing is exactly the same as yours.

Can you post your /var/log/install.log? Want to see if there were any errors.

*Update*

Well, there is only 1 Gigabyte P55 + UD5. Must be correct.

I assume that in About This Mac->More Info->System Report->Audio there is an Intel High Definition Audio

YES for the Intel audio

I hope the attachment is right
View attachment install.log

Hmm. Looks like you are playing with Ethernet drivers, I had problems with both and bought the Sonnet, which is native Marvell Yukon2. O.K. Audio.... Audio installed fine, should be working.

Checklist, (offered with all respect, should be working and so left with the small details);

- Does the audio work with Windows, or another OS? Are mobo/cable connections/speakers "Known Good"?

- Is system overclocked? 3.01GHz seems odd. If so, don't. BIOS Settings should be Optimal Settings +AHCI, +HPET64.

- Mobo should be running BIOS rev F10. If not, update BIOS.

------------------

Update*; Download and run Geekbench (free). Should be getting a score around 8500. This test to see if your system hardware is stable.

Post system.log:
In Console -> tail -2500 /var/log/system.log > ~/Desktop/system.log

Repair Permissions in Disk Utility...

SHAME ON ME
When You think about smart thnigs, you might forgt dumb thing ...
As I had tomove and open the case I unplugged the speakers ... plugging them back it is quite better for sound quality :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sorry for this

Hmm. Looks like you are playing with Ethernet drivers, I had problems with both and bought the Sonnet, which is native Marvell Yukon2. O.K. Audio.... Audio installed fine, should be working.

Checklist, (offered with all respect, should be working and so left with the small details);

- Does the audio work with Windows, or another OS? Are mobo/cable connections/speakers "Known Good"?

- Is system overclocked? 3.01GHz seems odd. If so, don't. BIOS Settings should be Optimal Settings +AHCI, +HPET64.

- Mobo should be running BIOS rev F10. If not, update BIOS.

------------------

Update*; Download and run Geekbench (free). Should be getting a score around 8500. This test to see if your system hardware is stable.

Post system.log:
In Console -> tail -2500 /var/log/system.log > ~/Desktop/system.log

Repair Permissions in Disk Utility...

First of all the GeekBench (only 32 bit in the trial version) --> http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/compare/1178600/1178600

System log only 1500 lines, otherwise it exceeds the forum limits
View attachment system.log

System is not over clocked (i did not, i guess it is the turbo CPU mode they are actually 2,8 Ghz CPU as far as I remember

MB bios Yes I updated the Bios to F10 as the DSDT file was made for F10, I did that prior to installing osX, AHCI Yes as otherwise I cannot see the drive in the install OSX procedure, HPET64 I do not know (will look for it)

Ethernet Drivers : I did not played with them (not to my knowledge ;))

sound was perfect under Windows Seven

I hope I answered all the questions

Thanks again for your help

Don't see anything wrong.

My only suggestion is to go through Toleda's Guide to ML No Audio, and post for help there if the steps don't resolve it. Look like you've got everything right, to my eye.

Just saw it. Ouch. Glad to have helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back