Contribute
Register

Audio problems with ALC282

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experiment with a real Mac in the same test scenario so you know what to expect.

My thought is that lid closed indicates the user wants the laptop to sleep, therefore it is expected that audio playback will stop as soon as the lid is closed.
I think you're not getting my issue! ☹️
I know how sleep/wake works. "I'm not saying when I play any song and close the lid that song doesn't play anymore".
the thing is when I close the lid, sound gets mute and it doesn't get unmute when I open the lid.
this issue wasn't with El Capitan.

I think you're not getting my issue! ☹️
I know how sleep/wake works. "I'm not saying when I play any song and close the lid that song doesn't play anymore".
the thing is when I close the lid, sound gets mute and it doesn't get unmute when I open the lid.
this issue wasn't with El Capitan.

By "mute" you mean that SysPrefs->Sound shows it muted and pressing volume up unmutes?
Or something else?

By "mute" you mean that SysPrefs->Sound shows it muted and pressing volume up unmutes?
yes!!
when I press volume up or mute/unmute key then only it unmutes!

yes!!
when I press volume up or mute/unmute key then only it unmutes!

Have you tried a fresh install? I'm guessing you have some 3rd party software causing that...

Have you tried a fresh install? I'm guessing you have some 3rd party software causing that...
yes I've tried even with fresh install

yes I've tried even with fresh install

The files in post #34 are not indicative of a fresh install (can still clearly see VirtualBox related kexts in ioreg).

rajuchacharuk: How did you install in VirtualBox?

@ModBot... you misunderstand...
@rajuchacharuk did not install macOS *in* VirtualBox, but rather installed VirtualBox into macOS

(VirtualBox kexts commonly cause various issues, and all 3rd party software should be eliminated when trying to address/isolate problems).

Last edited:
The files in post #34 are not indicative of a fresh install (can still clearly see VirtualBox related kexts in ioreg).
I've tested this issue when I fresh installed macOS and had no single third party app installed.
I've already removed Parallel Desktop with AppCleaner few days ago.
can you mention those kexts so I can manually remove it?

Last edited:
I've tested this issue when I fresh installed macOS and had no single third party app installed.
I've already removed Parallel Desktop with AppCleaner few days ago.
can you mention those kexts so I can manually remove it?

Best way to insure you have no 3rd party software is to do a fresh install without installing such software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back