Contribute
Register

Audio problems with ALC282

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we can adjust some of that.
I think Mic volume can be adjusted with signal processing and other elements. So we can lower it.
Do you get the ambient noise reduction option on sysprefs>sound>inputs

So which patch were you previously using so i can check volume stuff and adjust it for speakers
I was using patched AppleHDA from AppleHDA Patcher app (Found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/) with HDAEnabler.kext and CodecCommander.kext. About the noise reduction option on syspref I've got that option and it is enabled but the noise persists until the record volume is set to a verry low level.

please try my apple alc282 we have the same codecs..working fine.just install also codec commander.kext by rehabman..

Attachments

• patchALC282 2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
please try my apple alc282 we have the same codecs..working fine.just install also codec commander.kext by rehabman..
Works too. But, again, the volume is still very low on the speakers output. However the mic seems to be better.

With some more research investigation on linux (Ubuntu 17.10), I was able to find that the problems that I've reported here also occurs on there. This means that the problem must be on the codec for this audio hardware on UNIX itself and not on its inplementation on hackintosh. I'm doing more investigatons on linux forums to see if I can get something that may also fix these problems in macOS...

Works too. But, again, the volume is still very low on the speakers output. However the mic seems to be better.
what about in windows os?still very low output?did you try to sleep mac os and wake up if there is an audio output?

Having low sound on speaker is a known issue on almost every codec patched for macOS. There’s no known workaround so far except of Boom Sound to amplify the sound at some degree.
Although I don’t have a clear understanding of the signal processing elements but i will try to play with them a bit and see if i can get better results.
Same issue with my codec Realtek ALC3232(292).
The sound on speaker is lower compared to windows.
It has nothing to do with sleep/wake.
I patched the codec correctly according to codec dump, but as @OPAEU stated if it’s same issue with Linux,it’s something to be excpected on macOS as well.

Also your codec after i checked it, has different pinconfigurations and missing a input devices, propably Line In (ext mic)

Also your codec after i checked it, has different pinconfigurations and missing a input devices, propably Line In (ext mic)
i didnt face any problem on my hackintosh.maybe on your machine only.anyhow i will wait an update to you and i will test your driver also.thanks :)

That is right since my laptop doesn't have an audio input jack (I can't use an external mic with it). The problem that still persists (with any of the implementations I've tried) is that the volume is automatically muted after the computer awakes and, sometimes, the audio output/input options are gone in settings, requiring a reboot (and this is not happening on Linux).

That is right since my laptop doesn't have an audio input jack (I can't use an external mic with it). The problem that still persists (with any of the implementations I've tried) is that the volume is automatically muted after the computer awakes and, sometimes, the audio output/input options are gone in settings, requiring a reboot (and this is not happening on Linux).
That doesn’t mean that you don’t have ext mic,if you have only 1 jack than it has to be a combo jack.
Try a fresh boot and plug some apple earpods (since they have mic built in)
And see if right clicking the sound icon on menu bar shows Line In at microphone.(with my patched codec that i sent you)
Your muted & other issues should be fixed with a custom CodecCommander SSDT, i will need you to do some debugging for it,might also need a ALCplugFix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back