Contribute
Register

Audio problems with ALC282

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best way to insure you have no 3rd party software is to do a fresh install without installing such software.
I've freshly installed Sierra and still having that mute issue.(no 3rd party app installed)
I think there would be no trace of VirtualBox now in my preinstalled High Sierra.
attached both Sierra and High Sierra PR files.

Attachments

• Sierra.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • HighSierra.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
I've freshly installed Sierra and still having that mute issue.(no 3rd party app installed)
I think there would be no trace of VirtualBox now in my preinstalled High Sierra.
attached both Sierra and High Sierra PR files.

aDummyHDA.kext was freshly created from native AppleHDA.kext for the same version you're running? (eg. make sure you re-ran the HDA patcher after installing 10.13, not attempting to use 10.12 generated aDummyHDA on 10.13).

Note: USB WiFi not recommended. Install supported PCIe WiFi instead (see FAQ).

aDummyHDA.kext was freshly created from native AppleHDA.kext for the same version you're running? (eg. make sure you re-ran the HDA patcher after installing 10.13, not attempting to use 10.12 generated aDummyHDA on 10.13).
I've mistakenly installed all the kexts from 10.13 including aDummyHDA.kext on 10.12 (I've installed 10.12 only for testing purpose).

Note: USB WiFi not recommended. Install supported PCIe WiFi instead (see FAQ).
as I've already told in post #34 that there's no other option I have.

Last edited:
I've mistakenly installed all the kexts from 10.13 including aDummyHDA.kext on 10.12 (I've installed 10.12 only for testing purpose).

as I've already told in post #34 that there's no other option I have.

aDummyHDA should be matched with the version you're running.

No further ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back