Contribute
Register

Audio problems with ALC282

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn’t mean that you don’t have ext mic,if you have only 1 jack than it has to be a combo jack.
Try a fresh boot and plug some apple earpods (since they have mic built in)
And see if right clicking the sound icon on menu bar shows Line In at microphone.(with my patched codec that i sent you)
Your muted & other issues should be fixed with a custom CodecCommander SSDT, i will need you to do some debugging for it,might also need a ALCplugFix
As you said, plugging some apple earpods did work. Got the input auto-switched to line in and the output to headphones and both of them work as expected. Now can you please help me out with the muted issue? What kind of debugging you need?

As you said, plugging some apple earpods did work. Got the input auto-switched to line in and the output to headphones and both of them work as expected. Now can you please help me out with the muted issue? What kind of debugging you need?
I will send you a custom codec commander SSDT for testing tonight and some widget dump to do, will provide you the steps on next post tonight.

I will send you a custom codec commander SSDT for testing tonight and some widget dump to do, will provide you the steps on next post tonight.
I’ve installed the CodecCommander.kext and it semms to fix the input/output options disappearing. However the volume is still getting muted when the computer awakes from sleep. Do you know if this is caused by a problem in my SSDT patches (for power management)?

I’ve installed the CodecCommander.kext and it semms to fix the input/output options disappearing. However the volume is still getting muted when the computer awakes from sleep. Do you know if this is caused by a problem in my SSDT patches (for power management)?
I built two different SSDTs for you to test.
Test v1 first, put it into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder and reboot, put laptop to sleep and after you wake it, check if volume is mixed and also if all outputs and inputs are working correctly. (before and after sleep).

If volume is still muted:

Try v2.

Report back with results.

Attachments

• V1.zip
    967 bytes · Views: 76
  • V2.zip
    966 bytes · Views: 85
Test v1 first, put it into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder and reboot, put laptop to sleep and after you wake it, check if volume is mixed and also if all outputs and inputs are working correctly. (before and after sleep).

Try v2.

With both SSDTs (v1 and v2) I have the same result. The volume gets muted on the 1st system sleep and is kept the same value on all the other attempts. I'm pretty sure that I've got almost the same result with CodecCommander.kext only. I think the only difference is that, with the kext only, the volume is muted randomly and, with the SSDTs, it only gets muted on the first sleep after the system boot.

With both SSDTs (v1 and v2) I have the same result. The volume gets muted on the 1st system sleep and is kept the same value on all the other attempts. I'm pretty sure that I've got almost the same result with CodecCommander.kext only. I think the only difference is that, with the kext only, the volume is muted randomly and, with the SSDTs, it only gets muted on the first sleep after the system boot.
I will check & do some small edits on the kext itself (alc3221.kext) and post updated kext for you to try out later.

I will check & do some small edits on the kext itself (alc3221.kext) and post updated kext for you to try out later.
The problems seems to be also happening randomly. Sometimes the volume is muted on the first sleep and some times not.

Try v2.

I'm having the same mute issue but this happens when I close the lid of my laptop.
when I close the lid audio gets mute but it doesn't get mute when I select sleep from 
can I try these SSDTs you've attached?
my laptop has same audio codec ALC282

I'm having the same mute issue but this happens when I close the lid of my laptop.
when I close the lid audio gets mute but it doesn't get mute when I select sleep from 
can I try these SSDTs you've attached?
my laptop has same audio codec ALC282

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_23439.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back