Graphics
9500GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After upgrading to ML I have been able to get audio working with VoodooHDA but the sound quality is terrible, cracks horribly and is essentially unusable. I've tried various versions of Voodoo up but stopped before 2.72 for fear of making the system unstable.

Is there a better method to enabling audio on the board?

I know this post is a little old, but if you still need some help there is a kext called VoodooSeb235 that got my line out working on the asus p7p55d-e pro, only trouble is the digital SPDIF does not work yet it does in voodoo 0.2.1 so depending on what output you need those are your choices. if you find VoodooSeb235 just delete your old voodoo kext in s/l/e and then install new kext using kextwizard. Restart. Enjoy.

Awesome, sounds like just what I need. Will give it a shot when I'm home from work...

How would you rate the sound quality on a scale of 1-10?

Thanks!

I'm not a huge audiophile so it's hard for me to rate. There are no crackling or popping sounds though and it is good enough for me.

Were you able to find the kext? I tried googling it and just couldn't find it and don't remember where I downloaded it from.

Yes, thank you. I found the kext but unfortunately it still gives me terrible crackling and lag. Had audio working perfectly on Lion but what's odd is I was running both AppleHDA AND VooDooHDA, perhaps I'll have to give that a shot. Starting to drive me crazy...

Are you using userdsdst?
As a temp fix, I suggest booting ignore caches.
I'll post again with more. help

Yes, I'm running the DSDT from the repository along with the newest BIOS I could find, 1602. Previous Lion install was 1502 underwhich everything ran perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, I'm running the DSDT from the repository along with the newest BIOS I could find, 1602. Previous Lion install was 1502 underwhich everything ran perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was in the same situation as you, i found a sort of temp fix. You will have to re-install mountain lion for this.

1) Surprising, Asus released a new bios for our motherboard, 170X, on August 1st. Download this, go to your bios, tools, EX Flash 2. Find it and flash it.

Set up the usual ahci, sleep s3, etc.

2) Install Mountain lion, download multibeast and kextbeast.

3) Install the voodoohda and applehda disabler from this thread :http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/63663-asus-p7p55d-enable-via-vt1828s-sound-10-8-a.html with kextbeast

4) Reboot, test if audio is working. If it is, install kextbeast, reboot

5) Install lnx2mac's realtek driver for the ethernet port. Reboot

6) Voila!

***You may get a few annoying kernel panics along the way. Keep on resetting the computer until you get through them. For me, it stabled out and all is fine now!
*** This installs nullcpupowermanagement.kext. Remove it if you want sleep (I didn't bother since my graphics card is currently glitched)

Scratch that, new discovery

My proper audio only functions if I have nullcpupowermanagement.kext installed. Install it to see if it fixes your problem.

Ah, I've always used easybeast as the DSDT gave me a KP, perhaps try that route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back